Thread: Karma is B... ad person

Default Karma is B... ad person

Happily more than ever I return from infinite dungeon with tons of loot to sell to Barnabas.
    On my way I get ambushed by goblins.
    I kill them all and laugh at their corpses: "Did you really think you miserable bastards can overpower me?!"
    But what is that? A robe? Ok then, more money for me ...
    Even happier I stand in front of Barnabas and suddenly a thought visits me: "I should try that uncursed robe on. Maybe it is better than rags I'm wearing?"
    I put it on and suddenly I realize, that it was a fatal mistake.
    Barnabas suddenly becomes furious and calls his "security".
    For what it's worth it was a robe of hate.
    I die cursing the fate and karma for what they are.

Check sell value first, if it's unusually high, keep and try it on.

Useful when you don't have id in early game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTested View Post
    Even happier I stand in front of Barnabas and suddenly a thought visits me: "I should try that uncursed robe on. Maybe it is better than rags I'm wearing?"
    In general I find stuff like leather caps/girdles and clothes/robes are better left unID...

Potential benefits are too small compared to getting cursed robe on... or well, bad ego. I think armor wise -- I'd check if the base stuff is clearly better (leather armor over robe. etc), once char has something like chain mail/studded leather ... form that point I am only interested in armor of higher metals (better PV, does not get destroyed easily). Same for boot slot - get something beneficial like heavy boots and stick to them untill ID or weight shows something is better.

Wear ID is way worse than wield ID if you compare benefits to risks.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)