Thread: Acid made me sour

Default Acid made me sour

So I got an acid vortex on sight. Several tiles away so I thought no problem. Started shooting it with blessed eternium arrows (good longbow, 7-8 bow skill, nice slaying ring on finger) but it barely took any damage. It exploded. Only thing it destroyed was 5 out of 6 blessed corruption removal scrolls Khelliemeister gave me.

Probably just a bad roll there but is there any way to protect the inventory from acid damage? I was acid immune myself so that obviously did not help.

Use construction slayers instead.

High speed and 7lb boots or teleport is needed to escape.

Fate smiles/lucky maybe helps a bit not sure regarding alertness.

No construct-slaying ammo. Was wearing blessed Ankh. Zero chance of teleportation. No 7Lboots. Was not burdened.

As far I know, I was just randomly fucked. And as Alertness talent go.. does it really help for a situation like this?
    Thanks for an answer blunk

SoCR are also one of the few resources worth caching somewhere rather than lugging around.

Try throw them away next time?

)!)*!/[?%?!$*)%?"/]'"/"*(
    #########################
    ....>..**....*.@H########
    #########################
    [*([~'$(?[![]]!["$?"[)(/'
    )$()$?/")%%$'?'"*(?)/?][(

Stashing is something I really detest on roguelike games. But I'm certain you guys are right here. Because of acid attacks, basically any valuable item that isn't an instant lifesaver should be stashed. In the current game, I'm not sour anymore Got way enough means of corruption removal to finish the game + eternium long sword of devastation/far slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphara View Post
    Stashing is something I really detest on roguelike games. But I'm certain you guys are right here. Because of acid attacks, basically any valuable item that isn't an instant lifesaver should be stashed. In the current game, I'm not sour anymore Got way enough means of corruption removal to finish the game + eternium long sword of devastation/far slayer.
    If I'm not doing anything wreckless or going for ultra stashing for safekeeping isn't really needed.

I mostly stash because of limited carry capacity but a few other things that I know I want to use later like spellbooks for non caster, writing set, stat potions that I don't want to drink because I want to herb up first etc.

I also stash above or below air temple, that place can really make a dent in your stuff.

Yeah I don't exactly appreciate stashing either and try to minimize it, a cache will basically look like a bunch of spellbooks, maybe a climbing set, and any excess SoCR/PoCR. Getting four or five scrolls melted by an acid trap can mean a very unpleasant rest of the game for a champion of chaos, enough make/break that it's worth the inconvenience. (whether that's bad design or not is up for debate)

I never thought of chucking them. That is a great idea.