Thread: Slaves

Default Slaves

I dont know if its a bug or feature but seems that necromancer slaves are somewhat broken in 3.0.6....

My PC is 50 lvl necromancer with enhanced fate smiles and lucky intrinisics.

But when I've created lich from uncursed warewolf king corpse on d50 his level (lich) was only lvl8... soon he adjusted to power but just only to 23 lvl- but still to weak to fight monsters at d50
    I was really dissapointed because he was simply not ready...

Same situation was on SMC I wanted to create Lich from blessed titan corpse so I boosted my wilpower and mana to the max and putted on crown of science for extra danger level before entering SMC...
    result - 18 lvl lich with thousand of hp but with pathetic damage output WTF...

Seems that it affect most of slaves becouse I have some corpse fiends and spectres that never adjusted in power so they mostly usless... they just cannot improve.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Adjusting in power only works randomly or only when PC is leveling up ?

Can somone explain me mechanism or should I report it as a bug ?

There are several bugs with current handling of slaves, companions and tamed monsters that make them next to unplayable, and not a viable long-term solution.
    1) Broken critical limits / damage spikes http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=5966
    2) Broken behavior patterns http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=5836.

In addition, traps (after the introduction of the new kobold trapmasters) became FAR more dangerous to your pets.

There are still some uses for companions:
    (mainly - butchering cats, and clearing SMC while you are still level 1 so that it doesn't become super dangerous;
    digging pets can also help to go around trapped doors)
    but beyond that they are not a viable help, and more of a liability - you don't want your extremely experienced slave to turn against you after you accidentally trip a fireball trap.

Things that hit your slaves spend that turn not hitting you. This is why slaves are overpowered.

April 21 2018 year, planet Earth, no one use companions , some one tell
    There are still some uses for companions
    but its old truth. If you have dog the beggining you better eat/relase it asap, they dont lvlup , almost any fight (on VD1) your skeleton loose to some goblin , you flip a coin and if you lucky, your level one friend win few fight, but he just die on lvl 2 on the same wack goblin anyway. Maybie in old days companions was OP (who cares anyway?) but now no one use it. Farewell ctrl+o and companions mechanics, my heart was broken.

The only attribute of the corpse that seems to have any impact when creating a slave is speed, which is unfortunate. Only (royal) quicklings are any good as slaves as a result.

A reanimated titan should be pretty kickass. Maybe we should do a feature request for it?
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-25-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Maybe we should do a feature request for it?
    I strongly agree. Slaves now are just unplayable. Too many actions to make them do something. Default behavior is stupid - you should get hitted and only then your slave defend you.

And I noticed that they turn on you if hitted by fireball trap.

I wish slaves to have some behavior patterns like in WoW. Passive, agressive, e.t.c. And simplified way to make orders.

Now I see only one way to use them - to kill stupid cats. =\