Thread: Walking now makes you attack monsters?

Default Walking now makes you attack monsters?

So there I was, happily exploring, using the walk-commands like the lazy git I am (w1 etc., NOT wm, mind you). So I walk down a tunnel, and I meet a cat, which I naturally don't want to kill. Only problem is, apparently walking can make you automatically melee the monster before you stop, and this kitty lost her life in one hit.

That's not how walk used to work a few years ago, right? I remember having some cases where it would drop me right next to a monster, but it never punched them. And I did have Walk_Carefully enabled, so frankly I was even surprised to land next to the cat in the first place since I met it in a straight tunnel, as that should only happen with friendly monsters but surely walk at least wouldn't make me punch friendly monsters. I guess this behavior changed when the wm command was implemented, but this is definitely not how I want the basic walk commands to work, as it renders them almost unusable (or rather, far more unsafe to use than before).

Anyway, is this intended behavior? Would've posted a bug report, but wanted to double-check that it's actually a bug first. This wasn't an isolated incident either, it happened again with another character (thankfully not on a cat this time, though). If it's intended, then is there any way to disable this?
    Last edited by Hrogath; 02-16-2018 at 11:15 AM.

No idea if intended but have seen it too, probably since 3.0.x january version.

Edit: but only on rare occations
    Last edited by blunk; 02-16-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Ah, so it was reported already, I just somehow missed it. Thanks for the confirmation!

I've noticed Backstabbing skill activates this bug when the monster does not see you coming.