Thread: Calming the drunken dwarf

Question Calming the drunken dwarf

I killed Hotzenplotz before talking to the drunken dwarf, and now he seems permanently hostile. I tried throwing a berzio potion at him, which didn't quite seem to work, as he returned to hostility within the same turn. I might have to scum for more berzio potions to try again. After I found a spellbook of Calm Monster, I got exited and tried the spell on him only to find that he "ignores your spell". I even tried kicking him for some minor damage and healing him. So far I've tried all these: http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Monst...ers_friendlier

Am I now completely unable to get the dwarven map fragment? Trying more berzio potions looks like my last hope.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

There's probably no way to calm him down, since he is a unique monster. Calm Monster will never work, and berzio potions only work on animals.

One possible solution could be to make him panic (by kicking him enough or finding and casting Scare Monster / Holy Awe) and then offer peace. Or does that not work on uniques either?
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

This thread is still at the top in search engines. I tried Scare Monster about 20 times but it did not work.

Solution that worked (version 3.3.3):
    - hit drunken dwarf a few times until he was critically injured
    - read a scroll of familiar summoning
    - bandit companion hit drunken dwarf, drunken dwarf became afraid but peaceful
    Then I was able to chat with him and solve his riddle.