Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to move Hugo

The whole concept of him not letting players with piles of gold leave just like that, is silly.
    But that's just my opinion.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Was able to Teleport wand him and drag him out to kill, still duno why he was stuck on it...
    Yeah, not sure why he wont let you pass through either :/ it forces you to make money and spend it i guess, but with the corruption its kinda forced corruption on you.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Try play once on a machine near exit.
    (after You spent far more than You have won)

This works Thanx

The other (long-term) way to sidestep this issue is to go past Hugo before you start gambling, and open the passage from D to DF. Then you can win as much as you want (if you have a reason to want gold), go up to the surface, go down through DF and continue on your way, without having to aggro Hugo.

Same for me.
    I was lucky that on the floor was a Red Dragon. So I angered it and positioned myself next to Hugo to have him grilled. Hugo didn't turn hostile, but fled with his last few hitpoints ;-)

It's happened to me quite a few times too. I've spent my last $ in the store but he still won't move. Probably a bug.

Teleporting him away is usually the best option, if you have the means to do so.

I tried locking him in his little alcove with wands of door creation, but that didn't work.