Thread: TrueType Font

Question TrueType Font

Hi there! This is my first post. I love ADOM and have been playing since 1997.

I'm trying to play with added TrueType fonts. I have added Georgia and Less Perfect VGA (a fixed-width font) to the font menu, the same menu that contains DejaVu and Inconsolata. The problem is, the fonts are not showing up in ADOM. Does anyone know how to get more TrueType fonts to show up in the font menu?

I have the newest public version, which is 3.0.6 aka Release 88. I'm playing on OS X.

Related problem: I can't get the ASCII version of Release 88 to work on OSX, so I'm playing in ASCII mode on the full graphics version.

Thanks!

I've managed to find the adom.cfg file. I change the Font_Name font but nothing happens. I changed it to a fixed-width font in my fonts folder and to a font in the game's application "Package."

Okay, I realized the adom.cfg works for ASCII version and maybe only ASCII version. On the downloads page, the two Mac versions are flipped. If you have an Intel Mac, download the version for Pre-Intel macs.