Thread: What does Sorted_Skills = false do?

Default What does Sorted_Skills = false do?

Does anyone know what this configuration setting does? I don't see any difference between true and false: in either case the skill list always seems to be sorted alphabetically.

If you gain a new skill, is that new one also sorted?
    Was thinking it maybe auto sorts skills you get from start but not the ones you gain after.

Seems to only affect the order of skills on the level up screen, putting them in an arbitrary, fixed order. Maybe it did more in previous versions? What a weird configuration option.

New skills are added at the end of the list. Again, this only applies to the level up screen.
    Last edited by Grond; 03-21-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Yes, it always adds new skills to the bottom - or is supposed to. In older versions, this applied to all skill screens, and, more importantly, to how they are added during character creation as well. As a side effect of this, the four skills that are universal to all PCs (Climbing, First Aid, Haggling, Listening), regardless of race and class, are 100% always sorted ABCD at the top of the list. I have found this extremely useful; this way there is a consistent shortcut for First Aid, which is probably the skill I use the most. I find it uncomfortable that the new system does not allow me to consistently use the a-b keypress combination.

I have written a bug report: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=5035
    Last edited by Laukku; 03-22-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

oh a choice of order skills would be very handy, smithing is a bit annoying when npcs walk next to you and other interaction skills are above.

Or, one additional option could be that instead of being completely hidden in the "a" menu, currently unusable skills are merely greyed out, and thus the skills retain their usual hotkeys.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].