Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scroll of Omnipotence / Ultimate Nihilist ending?

Default Scroll of Omnipotence / Ultimate Nihilist ending?

Ok, so I actually play this game very little, and in fact I spend more time reading the wiki than playing the game, so if I miss some detail please forgive me.

(Spoilers below)

So, from what I can tell the Scroll of Omnipotence has been located at the bottom of the Ultimate Dungeon. However, nobody knows what the Ultimate Nihilist ending is yet. I believe both were implemented at the same time. We also know that the ordinary Nihilist ending requires that you bring a scroll of entropy to Andor Drakon. So, we have a possible connection.

I can't make it this far in the game to test it, but I have something for everyone inclined to try:

>Get equipped to pass through Chaos Gate one way or another
    >Get the Weird fire starter from the Minotaur Maze
    >Close the Chaos Gate without using wand of destruction
    >Go to a volcano and use the Weird fire starter to enter the Ultimate Dungeon
    >Get the Scroll of Omnipotence from the Supreme Balor
    >Go back to the Chaos Gate and OPEN IT BACK UP
    >Equip and enter Chaos Gate
    >Find Andor Drakon and give him the scroll of omnipotence or try to read it near him

My logic is:

>The Chaos Gate can be reopened by balors so I assume you can do it too.
    >The other Nihilist ending involves a scroll
    >The PC doesn't know how to read the scroll and nobody has figured out how yet so maybe it's a red herring
    >The text on the scroll seems like gibberish chaos speak so maybe an agent of ChAoS would understand it better
    >Reopening the Chaos Gate is pretty nihilistic I think

Someone got an Ultra run in progress who wants to try this?

the problem as I see it is the inability to switch the stairs back to down on the lowest level of the CoC.

Argh, knew there was something. Feel free to kill the thread.

Alternately, who else could we give the scroll to? Is Khelavaster or the Ratling available on the return journey, perhaps?

Dip it in a potion of raw chaos?

I thought there was something about reading the scroll of entropy somewhere, which destroys all Ancardia.

I have had something like this in mind. I am currently trying to do this with my wizard. He's still only lvl 21, but he looks like he has it going pretty well already.

I also wonder whether there's some way to reverse those stairs (throw a potion of exchange downward?)

Trying to think outside the box. I have to feel like the scroll of omnipotence can't be read because you need it for some other purpose.

Has somebody given the scroll of omnipotence to Khelavaster? Someone must have tried, but has not reported.

Oh yeah, we've even taken khelevaster to the end dungeon and given him the crumpled scroll (from the emp moloch in the dungeon) to get the trident of the red rooster and then read the scroll with the trident equipped while still in the dungeon. Nada.

i wonder whether Schwarzzahn has something to do with this scroll, since it's description says "...make it appear omnisentient".