Thread: Merchant Guild

Default Merchant Guild

Is there any other way to get the goodies there besides killing the wyrm?

If no, what's the best/easiest way to deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    Is there any other way to get the goodies there besides killing the wyrm?
    The wall behind the great gray wyrm is the only diggable/destructible one in the entire guild. Technically you could get the gold there without killing the wyrm, but, in practice, you'll need to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    If no, what's the best/easiest way to deal with it?
    First off, limit the number of eternium golems that can interfere with the fight. If you have the unpick axe, you can wall off all of them and fight the wyrm one-on-one. Otherwise, you can order a companion that is unable to open doors (or break down locked doors) to wait behind one at a chokepoint:
    Code:
    #.....#
    #Y...Y#
    ###+###
      #f#  
      #.#
    If you have Slow Monster, cast it on the wyrm prior to attacking it. This may take many casts to work, but will not anger it. The wyrm can be blinded, so using potions of blindness, cursed potions of invisibility or raw mana, or creating light traps makes the fight easier. Ideally, you would kill it with dragon-slaying missiles, but meleeing it while it stumbles around isn't too dangerous.
    Last edited by Grond; 03-27-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks a lot.

I tried to Wyrmlance it to death, but it killed me in one (and only) critical hit (400+ damage).

Edit: I had some 80 DV and 35 PV. I could not hit him with missiles, because of his 80DV (i had +47 to hit). He shrugs bolts very well, making wands of far slaying and other bolts useless. It's a formidable opponent. It's true that i tried it before reading your post and did not slow the wyrm down.
    Last edited by Dlightfull; 03-28-2018 at 08:14 AM.

I GTB'ed it to death with my mindcrafter but that was a gate closer, buffed to some unreal levels. Still the wyrm put up quite a fight.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

That fight is not easy and slaying ammo will likely not be enough.

Don't recall if I managed to poison the dragon, but he IS a mean bugger and regens very fast.

I used a smithed/scroll-boosted phase dagger with a good amount of dagger skill and meleed the place.
    You want a LOT of extra/ultra healing, some regen, probably a ring of slaying or two and a good amount of hps.

The acid from eternium golems didnt seem that destructive, well ammo on floor get wrecked but ...

I've never seen that much gold in adom.