Thread: First win as ultimate? Too crazy?

Question First win as ultimate? Too crazy?

I just started ADOM some months ago, and though I'm a expierienced player in general, I got (of course) crushed hard by the game for the first hours. Since its so much about knowledge and I'm the "learning by doing" kind of guy, I confess I switched to savescumming, to get more know more about mid-game without doing 1-20 all the time. When I hit 40 (3 orbs, so no win) I decided to stop that to "get real". [edit: with a new save that isnt scummed]

Needed many tries to get my DE Priest going, because I wanted the blanket and to save the puppy. Got crushed by Griff, did it again, and now at LVL 17-18 it became an interesting story: I found 2 djinni rings and, shortly after, found a spellbook of wish sucessfully learned. As far as I know, my ability for an ultimate lawful ultimate ending, but now I'm thinking I need more opinions if I'm trying too hard and taking it too far?

What I did so far: SMC, PC, DD, Pyramid, Griffyard, Arena, Gremlin, FC and some random smaller dungeons. Ratling 5/6, Alignment NC.

It would be of great help if some of some of you grand masters could provide some counselling if I should try it, and if I'm going for an Ultimate, what to do next.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kapo; 03-29-2018 at 01:43 PM.

if you play spolied, you can definitely try an ultra.

I'd even go for archmage, if i were you. But you should study very good how to do it, since there are a lot of ways to break your neck in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    if you play spolied, you can definitely try an ultra.
    As english is not my native language, maybe I formulated it stupidly - that "new" game isnt scummed. And I have no idea what happens beyond CoC35+.

Archmage feels tempting but way too dangerous =)

As an alternative.

Do a couple of regular wins to get more comfortable with the game.

Then go for an ultra when you think you have the tools (like a good first kill, a relatively early aols/wish).

Or if this is THE char, play some other chars and win regular with, go back and finish ultra with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapo View Post
    As english is not my native language, maybe I formulated it stupidly - that "new" game isnt scummed. And I have no idea what happens beyond CoC35+.

Archmage feels tempting but way too dangerous =)
    "Spoiled" in this context means you use external information which are mainly wiki and Improved Guidebook

If you're not crowned yet, you can try an ultra.