Thread: Sudden Corruption after Flagellation

Default Sudden Corruption after Flagellation

I got hit by the very light corruption, but it happened super early. I'm in the Village Dungeon power-sacrificing, the only places I've visited are puppy cave, small cave, village dungeon, and the field looking for raiders, and only 14 game days have passed. Aside from getting hit by one chaos brother, I don't think I've been hit by any source of chaos.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the whip I'm using for Self-Flagellation might be to blame. It's a whip of the void, which I'm pretty sure just means that it makes enemies flee occasionally, but maybe it has an undocumented chaos effect.

There may be something else I don't know; haven't played much since the advent of magic staves and that mercenary village. But I have played ADOM for over a decade and I don't know what caused this.

L Female Grey Elf Archer Salamander

Any thoughts?

My guesses would be:
    1. You were precrowned with the staff of wonder, which contains the essence of chaos and corruption.
    2. You are carrying around a weapon with the "corrupting" prefix.

The staff of wonder contains the essence of chaos and corruption!? Well, that's it then. Thanks.

I've been avoiding looking up any information about the new additions. Guess this is the price I pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilxius View Post
    The staff of wonder contains the essence of chaos and corruption!? Well, that's it then. Thanks.

I've been avoiding looking up any information about the new additions. Guess this is the price I pay.
    Gotta use your scrolls of greater identify then.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer