Thread: Premature leavings...

Default Premature leavings...

Hmmh....

I think I managed to do something I believe I have never witnessed yet before. My dwarven barbarian was in a good start at first few levels of CoC as he stumbled upon a pool (yellowish, I think) and being thirsty for highly unlikely wishes, he managed to took a sip. Regrettably (for me), the continuation of that specific tale was cut down short as the very next thing I was looking a farewell screen saying he had just left the Drakalor Chain prematurely (good for him, I guess?). I believe the fellow was both doomed and cursed due to unfortunate encounter with few karmic lizards in a corridor of PC earlier without viable means of handling these from afar so definitely might be linked to this but still I am not sure whether this is supposed to happen or not.

An acid trip of backtracking awesomeness?
    Fainting, followed by merciful bunch of chaos brothers hitching him beyond the mountain?
    Teleport off-grid?
    Sudden whirlpool dragging to the other side of the 2D plane?

WTF?

My first ever game over with anti-climatic, cheap aftertaste.

Well...what can you do...

*Creates a new character*

Best,
    Jebboh

I don't fully understand your question.

So did you a. die ? or b. walk out of the overland map and left the chain?

a. Things goes bad very quick if you are doomed.
    b. You hit an auto walk hotkey or clicked with mouse on the edge of map, this should still leave you with a "do you want to leave" question.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    I don't fully understand your question.

So did you a. die ? or b. walk out of the overland map and left the chain?

a. Things goes bad very quick if you are doomed.
    b. You hit an auto walk hotkey or clicked with mouse on the edge of map, this should still leave you with a "do you want to leave" question.
    Nope, I was at early levels of CoC and drank from a pool. The very next thing was the game over screen saying I left Drakalor chain prematurely. So definitely not died and walking is not an option as I should have walked few levels up and to the edge of the map which I would have noticed. However, drinking from the pool essentially triggered the same ending if one walks out from the map before closing the gates. I have no idea whether this is intended or whether I stumbled in a bug or something.

Best,
    Jere

Quote Originally Posted by Jebboh View Post
    Nope, I was at early levels of CoC and drank from a pool. The very next thing was the game over screen saying I left Drakalor chain prematurely. So definitely not died and walking is not an option as I should have walked few levels up and to the edge of the map which I would have noticed. However, drinking from the pool essentially triggered the same ending if one walks out from the map before closing the gates. I have no idea whether this is intended or whether I stumbled in a bug or something.

Best,
    Jere
    Sounds like a bug, drinking from a pool should not be able to create that.

There used to be a bug where you'd get a victory screen when dying under certain circumstances and this could potentially be something similar.

This is either an incorrect death message or just an incorrect bugged pool result.

A question occurs; did you accidentally hit Q (quit), thinking it'd 'Q'uaff, instead of D (drink), and then confirm with yes? I play enough different roguelikes which use either key for either command that I know *I* get confused