Thread: Ring of djinni summoning and wand of wishing

Default Ring of djinni summoning and wand of wishing

Is there any cap of how many Rings of djinni summoning i can get from dipping rings in potion of exchange? 1?
    Can I get in the same way wand of wishing, just by dipping wands in 15 danger level caves?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkir View Post
    Is there any cap of how many Rings of djinni summoning i can get from dipping rings in potion of exchange? 1?
    Can I get in the same way wand of wishing, just by dipping wands in 15 danger level caves?
    RoDS - depends on version, current has limit of 1. (pots of raw chaso has limit of zero...)

In theory you can get wand of wishing, however wands chances to be generated ought to be way lower (I think it's base weight is lower and it is definitely more low level wands). chances for amulet of live saving via exchange were (IIRC) ~1 in 200 or 1 in 300 for wand it is probably in the same area if not lower. RoDS chances were ~4-5% something like 20 dipped rings per one.
    Rings can be dipped in stacks so chances per potion of exchange are like 4x stack size (up to 19), which for big enough stack are pretty decent. Wands are not stackable... so one would need 200-300 pots on average for any sort of hope.

Both the ring and the wand are excluded from potential results if using pots of raw chaos.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

ok, thank you for the answer

The wand is really hard to get but it's possible. Once you do get it via pots of exchange, further wands of wishing are impossible to obtain, just like rings of ds.
    In my case, it took ~85 dips to get it but I might have been lucky.
    There is also a chance to cast wish via wand of wonder, which you repeatedly recharge, but it does incur the cost of -10 to a random attribute.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."