Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scroll of omnipotence - ideas needed

The message "You read the scroll of omnipotence." is there so the scroll can probably be read.
    "scroll of omnipotence" is present in the list of artifacts but unlike other artifacts it occures once more among messages apparently related to generation of items. But lack of hints and lore definitely makes it look too boring to pursue.

Was there any confirmation from TB that the scroll can actually be read, or that it is useful for anything other than bragging rights?
    Is it possible that this is still under development and there's just no way to read it at the moment?
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Phentos
    i talked to biskup about it a couple weeks ago and he said that he's never tried so hard to obfuscate code in his life and that he was extremely pleased that it hadn't been cracked yet
    So TB seems to have indicated that the scroll is readable. Of course, it could very easily be bugged; the chance that something so late game was properly tested is pretty much 0 (Rolf quest, weird fire starter, and nihilist ending all had game-breaking bugs when introduced).

Have people tried destroying the chaos altars, and seeing whether the ancient statues change their behaviour at all?
    My orc thief just died.

Quote Originally Posted by sylph View Post
    Have people tried destroying the chaos altars, and seeing whether the ancient statues change their behaviour at all?
    It's not possible to destroy elemental temple altars. I believe converting them has been tried, but not in the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    It's not possible to destroy elemental temple altars. I believe converting them has been tried, but not in the current version.
    I thought it might be possible to destroy them after activating the corresponding elemental statue (minus mana, of course. Maybe there's a way of unlocking a mana-based ancient statue etc.)
    My orc thief just died.

Has anyone tried Reading the scroll of omnipotence while having 99 in all stats while wielding the trident? It seems to me that stats over 99 would be in the realm of the gods, so getting as close to godhood as possible would mean 99 in your stats. This is pretty achievable with alchemy and that potion shop.

Speaking to the tone of experimenting, any chance of:
    -wishing for Jharod to heal Andor Drakon at L+ / peacing the chaos plane a bunch of times before finishing Ultimate Ending
    - get filk and mad minstrel in the quickling tree somehow
    - give the scroll and Tome to the same NPC
    -make multiples through magical writing set
    -throw the scroll/ G to Andor
    -throw the scroll on the IBM Manual / Weird Tome
    -Try to sacrifice them on the Chaos Plane

Back in 1.1.1 I did some experimenting w. the Weird Tome as a Troll Bard at L+ (It's posted as Weird Tome Ideas) quite a bit. This is what I got out of the Weird Tome:

"After a while you manage to focus your sight on the text. The text contains a strange collection of tunes, songs and instrumental pieces. It seems some kind of code, hinting at some ancient powerful magic, a scroll or something like that...
    You fail to decipher it."

I feel like the possibility is there for involvement with Filk or the Mad Minstrel is there. Maybe he went mad because of the IBM Guild Manual in the game? Has anyone fooled with the IBM and the Merchant's Guild? Maybe, and I feel bad suggesting anyone do this ever, read the IBM Manual post omni scroll read and talk to various NPCs / go to the Quickling Tree.

Maybe a LOT of time has to pass for some reason. If you spend much time at all in the tree, so very many in game days pass. I've lost 180 days on an eating run in there before.... and the time requirement of the ancient stone circle comes to mind. Maybe try waiting 6000 years until the chaos gate reopens on it's own, like in the intro? (Please don't do this. My conscience is heavy enough.)

There are a few other obtuse references and choices: fortunes sometime mention drinking from a pool being related (I forget the exact quote, it's been a long time) and the pool in the stone circle provides an 'you've been altered eerily' message if you get thirsty there.

Also: Filk music is a "musical culture, genre, and community tied to science fiction, fantasy and horror fandom." I could believe that some obtuse meme from the community enables a logical connection, but I'm not keyed in enough to suggest anything useful... frankly, a game that has enough complexity to use Conway's Game of Life for herbs probably has something big for the central mystery.

That makes me wonder if maybe you have to read the weird tome as max literacy/music bard, and then the scroll of omnipotence while in the library one right after the other. maybe doing that while also with having max learning. I dunno.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Has anyone tried Reading the scroll of omnipotence while having 99 in all stats while wielding the trident? It seems to me that stats over 99 would be in the realm of the gods, so getting as close to godhood as possible would mean 99 in your stats. This is pretty achievable with alchemy and that potion shop.
    I had wondered about this too, along with "has anyone read the scroll of omnipotence with the Chaos Trinity equipped". While planning my reply to this message, I also thought of the related question "Has anyone tried to read the scroll of omnipotence on the SIL"?

I haven't managed to generate the scroll yet, so I'm obviously...thinking ahead... but it's fun to speculate. And since this is so hard, I was also wondering about having a thread (stickied?) whose first message is frequently re-edited to show "these are the things that people have tried with the Scroll" and "these are the things that people have suggested trying with the scroll" for those of us who like the idea of basically tackling this as the ADOM community. That way someone wouldn't go through all the process of getting the scroll (or especially a requirement game, like the Trident or Platinum Girdle) only to discover that someone had already checked that variant.