Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your scariest artifact guardian?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I hope you ran away to return later and claim his artifact >_>
    That necromancer ended up dying due to an unrelated issue before he could claim the artifact. Problem is that the summons would always be at 2x the PC level, even if the guardian is stuck at level 4. A group of uberspiders right near the entrance of the SMC is not a terribly enjoyable experience.

The artifact was the rune-covered sling, so I didn't really mind that much anyway--I almost never use the thing (although in the early game it would still be pretty good).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I had three named wyrms in a row on (I think) D44, D45, D46. The first was a black dragon vault which was great as I was wearing black dragon scale mail, the second was a blue dragon vault which was also great as I was crowned with lightning immunity and the third was a greater red dragon vault. I just set tactics to coward, teleported into the center of the rabble and spammed iceball (elementalist) until everything was dead. I can't remember what I got out of the first two vaults but the third was whip of the snake, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripplefish View Post
    I had three named wyrms in a row on (I think) D44, D45, D46. The first was a black dragon vault which was great as I was wearing black dragon scale mail, the second was a blue dragon vault which was also great as I was crowned with lightning immunity and the third was a greater red dragon vault. I just set tactics to coward, teleported into the center of the rabble and spammed iceball (elementalist) until everything was dead. I can't remember what I got out of the first two vaults but the third was whip of the snake, meh.
    All wyrms are named. They aren't artifact guardians.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    All wyrms are named. They aren't artifact guardians.
    Ah okay, I didn't know that. Still, it was good fun running into them

Hmm-hmm...scariest? Dorn beast, but then, that's also the *only* named artifact
    guardian I've ever run in to.
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

I've never run into a named artifact guardian, or for that matter I've never found an artifact lying around randomly.

Admittedly, I've generated a few artifacts with gremlin bombs, and obviously a few with my item-creation testing, but never a random one on the ground...
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Wait, what? Aren't all artifact guardians named? I remeber having a goblin berseker once and IIRC even a shambling mound art guardian was named.

The stone golem protecting Moon Sickle is not named. Neither is the bone golem protecting the elemental gauntlets.

All Surge of Power artifact guardians are named.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by sorear View Post
    This is Yaffnar, the female doppleganger king. She is hostile. She looks extremely experienced. [M]ore

Without invisibility abuse I would be very dead right now. Dungeon level 35, was guarding Protector.

Does anyone else have stories of particularly scary artifact guardians?
    Funny, but I can say the same thing. Named doppleganger king in the CoC graveyard, guarding Protector. Not only the scariest artifact guardian but the scariest creature I ever met.. All hail wands of teleportation and acid!

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Funny, but I can say the same thing. Named doppleganger king in the CoC graveyard, guarding Protector. Not only the scariest artifact guardian but the scariest creature I ever met.. All hail wands of teleportation and acid!
    Darkness would have been a much easier way to deal with him. Just sayin'
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.