Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's your scariest artifact guardian?

I was under the impression that the DV/PV of a doppler king was set upon the monster generation, and did not vary dependent on which tactics setting you switched to or what equipment you changed. I could be wrong of course...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Mine was a Revenant... not all that mighty, ages ago and don't remember what it was guarding. Not that the "not all that mighty" would have mattered to a 5 HP, low level PC running away from something else... and then that rat bastard comes from 'round the corner and one-shots him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I was under the impression that the DV/PV of a doppler king was set upon the monster generation, and did not vary dependent on which tactics setting you switched to or what equipment you changed. I could be wrong of course...
    According to my quick testing with doppleganger king, the DV/PV seems to be changing according to PC:s current DV/PV. This applies also to the speed of doppleganger king, so getting some speed boost doesn't help agaist them.
    Tested it by creating a doppleganger king with wish and then changing my tactics and equipment, checking doppleganger king's stats with blessed stethoscope after each modification.

I seem to remember with my drakeling spitter being unable to hurt a doppler king in the library even after removing lots of equipment to get PV down - I presumed it was because the monster's stats aren't dynamic. A healer with a blessed stethoscope could test this best.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

The easiest one was a barbarian. That is it.
    The scariest one was easily your face.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Ran into this lovely creature today..

surge.JPG
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Ever been to DH2 just to see that green ) in the distance and assume no monsters guard it?
    Wrong, a named extremely experienced invisible stalker in melee range against my lvl35+ wizard.
    Sad end, especially considering I didn't really need the serpent's bite. Next time - no DH without seeing invisible.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I once met a named master swordsman on UD: 7. He was wearing the Bracers of War and ripped my beastfighter to shreads.