Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwarves are drama queens

ADOM dwarves are drama queens. Dwarf Fortress dwarves are manic-depressive alcoholic dwarficidal borderline sociopath lunatics. I love both games.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

It's called Napoleon syndrome. Short people hate being pushed around.

How would you feel if you had the "aabb" set of genes for height??!!

(p.s. I'm 6'5" and I'll never, ever get diabetes or cancer)

Yeah yeah, and you have 24 inch murderous e-peen of penetration.

Good for you.

... How is height related to diabetes and cancer?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    ... How is height related to diabetes and cancer?
    It isn't, at least certainly not to cancer. Perhaps 1-2 types of cancer, but certainly not enough of them to warrant the creation of any such 'rule'. There is a slight statistical trend showing that taller people are happier and wealthier, or at least perceive themselves as such. But taller people, on the downside, have shorter lives.

For one thing, being malnourished stunts your growth - so people are taller because they have better lifes, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    For one thing, being malnourished stunts your growth - so people are taller because they have better lifes, not the other way around.
    Exactly, it's impossible to tell whether it's because you got proper food (and probably a proper education to go with it) or because you're tall. As for the Napoleon-syndrome suffering dwarves, well, they get mad on little gnomes for the same thing, so I guess we can't blame it on height