Thread: Dwarven mystic

Default Dwarven mystic

What are the odds of getting the scrolls of chaos resistance for a neutral char ?

I feel it is 50%, but I have never made any kind of statistic on this.

I usually try to be neutral in DT in order to get the chance to get the scrolls, but the last several times I went there, I got the damned potions. Is it worth trying too get the scrolls considering you miss an easy artefact weapon ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    What are the odds of getting the scrolls of chaos resistance for a neutral char ?

I usually try to be neutral in DT in order to get the chance to get the scrolls, but the last several times I went there, I got the damned potions. Is it worth trying too get the scrolls considering you miss an easy artefact weapon ?
    As far as i know it's 50%. With a chance like that it's not any statistical aberration to get the potions like...10x in a row.

Also, the weapon isn't anything special. If you are striving for an ultra it's more useful specially since being L also gives you a chance at the shield from Thundarr. But i normally don't mind that. If i'm going for an ultra i don't bother with artifacts until i obtain an AoLS. If i drain the pools an visit ToTHK, Pyramid and Griffyard and don't get any AoLS the artifact question becomes irrelevant. But that's just me =P.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post

The axe is only worth getting if you also plan on getting the shield. If you use them together, they're pretty strong. You could use it as ratling fodder too, I guess, but I'd prefer to just take the single PoGA unless there's some half decent artifact you can save.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

With 50 % chances, I think I will still try to get the scrolls, corruption removal is too important to miss.

On a side note what are the requirement to get the shield ? I think you must be lawful (L+ ?), is it for dwarves only ? The only time I received it was with a dwarf.

The Guidebook says "lawful alignment is probably a requirement, along with cooperation from the RNG." Code divers have confirmed this; the chance is dependant only on race, at 44% for dwarves and 16% for other. Or so I've heard.

It might also be worth testing whether or not having the axe equipped / in your possession / generated makes a difference.