Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shyssyryxius and alignment drop

Default Shyssyryxius and alignment drop

In the past, I've killed Shyssyryxius as crowned neutrals and only gone N+ to N-. Today, I went all the way to 10000 black stones (maximum C-) and fell from champion status, despite a blessed amulet of balance. Does anyone know what factors influence this?

I'm sure someone else has a better answer, but some factors that come to mind are character level and starsign. What methods of killing did you use?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Level 19 high elven mindcrafter (Wolf), swinging Wyrmlance in the dark after throwing 7 charges from a blessed wand of paralyzation. All of my great water dragon kills so far have been some variant on darkened melee.

i went from crowned N= to CN with a dwarven thief recently. i wouldn't expect to be a pattern there

How are you doing the water caves at level 19?
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by DumbleDoor View Post
    How are you doing the water caves at level 19?
    Nothing in the cave can see darkness; only the dragon can see invisible. Ring of the fish gives water breathing (or helm if you can find one). If you have very high to-hit and damage (and a good weapon), you can kill the dragon in melee under darkness if you're careful. If you do it right and are lucky, she might not even panic when you kill her.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Nothing in the cave can see darkness; only the dragon can see invisible. Ring of the fish gives water breathing (or helm if you can find one). If you have very high to-hit and damage (and a good weapon), you can kill the dragon in melee under darkness if you're careful. If you do it right and are lucky, she might not even panic when you kill her.
    The wand of paralyzation helps a lot. Unload a few charges, and she'll panic, but not flee (or attack). Yes, I was using a ring of the fish, with a cloak of invisibility for the giant dragon turtles.

OH! Never mind, I thought you meant the water cave that was at D:47, next to the mana temple. I understand how you did it now.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

What are you talking about? I have never had more than one water cave in a game, and D:47 has always been an ordinary level for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sorear View Post
    What are you talking about? I have never had more than one water cave in a game, and D:47 has always been an ordinary level for me.
    I think maybe he's talking about the BDC? With the 'next to the mana temple' and all. I'm not sure though.