Thread: Binding ctrl+ or alt+ to numpad numbers

Default Binding ctrl+ or alt+ to numpad numbers

Hi folks!
    When I used to play in a linux environment, I always used to brind ctrl+1, 4, and 7 to tactics settings, so that I could more easily change tactics on the fly. I've found that, in windows, this doesn't work.
    I've stop-gapped the solution using autohotkey, but I wondered whether I'm doing something wrong, or whether windows is indeed incapable of rebinding these keys, and if you, isn't that worth changing if possible?

My keybindings entries look like this:

#
    # Set tactics to 'berserker'
    #

ST0:\1 \M1 \C1

#
    My orc thief just died.

Using the free version of ADOM 3.3.3 on Windows 7, binding \C1 through \C7 to tactics ST0 through ST6 works for all keybindings. I couldn't speculate on why it doesn't work for you, though :/ I have not tried with the NotEye version.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

I'm using the noteye version, windows 10, and the keybinding file I sampled above. With numlock both off and on, I can't change tactics using ctrl+numpad1` or alt+numpad 1. How strange that it works in windows 7 and no noteye, works in linux ascii, but doesn't work in windows 10 noteye! More data is needed!
    My orc thief just died.

To be clear, my keyboard is tenkeyless and does not have a numpad. However, my keyboard does have a numlock key and is supposed to output true numpad codes. (The numlock key turns 7/8/9, u/i/o, j/k/l into the numpad keys.) I tested this with both the number row and the integrated numpad. I also tested with the line \1 \M1 \C1 to see if that was the issue.

Anyway, more relevant point is that I have now tried with Windows 10 NotEye (Steam) version and can confirm it does not work. Using Ctrl with the number row does not work. Using Ctrl with the number row or the numpad of the onscreen keyboard also does not work. (Laptop, no numpad.)

So I downloaded the ASCII only version and it does work with the number row and with the on-screen keyboard's numpad. So the problem appears to be in the NotEye version.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.