Thread: Corruption

Default Corruption

I'm a fairly new player playing as an orc barbarian. At the moment, I'm doing quite well, having just finished the Portal quest to proceed in the Caverns of Chaos. However, my hero suddently gets corrupted almost every time he moves. Even in an area which should be safe (shadowy dungeon lv. 8). I just went down the shadowy dungeon to visit a shop and am not aware of anything which triggered this strange thing. No unusual monster or changes in the inventrory. Also drinking a potion of insight did not give any hints.

Do you have any idea?

Without posting any spoilers, it's possible that you're using, wearing, or carrying an item that corrupts you. We'd need to see a .vlg (')') to be able to say what's going on with any certainty (paste the contents into a post, but enclose it in code tags).
    Last edited by SirTheta; 01-21-2020 at 06:56 PM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Found the problem. It was an unidentified "black tome". Guess I don't need it, don't know why I even picked it up.

Thanks for your help