Thread: semi-transparent background for Monster Memory, Inventory, etc.

Question semi-transparent background for Monster Memory, Inventory, etc.

Hi,

I noticed in a bunch of screenshots on net, such as this or this, that for many the background for text panes, whether Inventory or Monster Memory, is partially transparent. For me, it is solid black. Is this configurable? How do I get prettier version? (I'm running latest ADOM, from Steam, using OpenGL renderer or the SDL one... tried both, and of course with Tiles).

I believe it is indeed configurable.

check settings, expert settings, adom specific options and make sure image in monster memory and inventory graphics are both turned on.

also under expert settings in "animations scrolling palette etc" make sure background images is turned on.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Hmm. So turns out I *do* have all of those options on already.

Even more interesting, just noticed that if I go into Inventory, there is transparency, but ONLY under the highlight / selection bar that follows mouse (yellow bar). It is only the lines with black background (i.e., all but one line) that are opaque.

I tried to play around with using different palettes (was hoping that color definitions were RGBA, i.e., including Alpha value), but no change whatever I try.

Just realized mine is the same way, so it might be an adjusted feature or relatively recent bug as I am 100% certain it was transparent for me before.

The only other things I can think of is making sure detail level is maxed

vsync is on

and maybe try windowed mode if you are using fullscreen or vice versa

I'll probably dig around some more later if no one else finds the difference/solution

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family