Thread: Is it just me, or has corruption rate shot up THROUGH THE ROOF in recent versions?

Default Is it just me, or has corruption rate shot up THROUGH THE ROOF in recent versions?

Recently downloaded version 3.3.3 (release 101) after not playing for a while, and I'm noticing that I seem to be racking up corruptions massively faster than I'm used to from previous years playing ADoM. Did one of the recent versions bump up the background corruption rate? Only 18 days have passed, and as far as I'm aware I don't have any corrupting equipment or anything (I do have a new artifact, "Helm of the Night Watchman," equipped but since it's not auto-cursing or anything I can't imagine that's causing the faster corruption.) Character is a gnome wizard, N= alignment.

I had my first corruption (mana battery) show up right as I was reaching the dwarven city, and since then I've had three more corruptions show up. I haven't encountered too many corrupting monsters (even the chaos brothers I've seen have been mostly dealt with from a distance) or stumbled across more than a few corruption traps. Is this normal??

EDIT: Okay, think I might have figured it out after a bit of wiki poking. Turns out this "staff of wonder" I had sitting in my inventory was not just some random new item I wasn't familiar with, but a corrupting artifact. Whoops!
    Last edited by FnrrfYgmSchnish; 06-04-2020 at 06:42 AM.

That explains it. Background corruption has actually been reduced.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.