Thread: Adom on ipad 2020

Default Adom on ipad 2020

Heya!
    Havn’t played in several years but was wondering if there is a good way to get adom working smoothly on ipad?
    Heard something bout dosbox?

Thanks in advance and hopefully this isnt in the wrong section.
    the tiny girl refuses to take the wedding ring. you die...

If there is a dosbox for iOS, then you can definitely use it. I played the dos version of adom on my android phone for a while using "Magic Dosbox". Also helpful is a keyboard app that has a numpad, I used "Perfect Keyboard free".

The reason I stopped playing on my phone was an increasingly unbearable lag the further you advanced in the game. Loading a savegame would eventually take minutes and crowded places such as IC:3 would be almost unplayable.
    Usually, these lags are normal when using emulators and can be mitigated within Dosbox settings by increasing the cycles, but for some reason it didn't work for adom (at least for me).
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Ok thanks for answering!
    I gotta check it out then. But if its gonna get unplayable at later stages then nyeh!
    This game would be so awesome on a mobile/pad.
    the tiny girl refuses to take the wedding ring. you die...