Thread: Strange effects with prefixes/suffixes

Default Strange effects with prefixes/suffixes

Has anyone gotten a heavy heavy club, a heavy heavy skull club, a heavy heavy mace, a heavy heavy cudgel, or, even better, a halberd of defense of defense?

In theory it should be possible to generate these items, but with TB being as perfectionist as he seems to be, I wonder if he wrote some code to avoid such redundancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Has anyone gotten a heavy heavy club, a heavy heavy skull club, a heavy heavy mace, a heavy heavy cudgel, or, even better, a halberd of defense of defense?

In theory it should be possible to generate these items, but with TB being as perfectionist as he seems to be, I wonder if he wrote some code to avoid such redundancies.
    You can't have two prefixes or suffixes, you can have one of each.

I know, but items like "heavy cudgel" or "halberd of defense" are not generated by appending the prefix "heavy" or suffix "of defense" to cudgels or halberds. They are different items, with different properties (check the weapons list in the GB and you will find them there, independently of the prefix/suffix list. You can also wish for them if I'm not mistaken). That's why I wonder if they could also get the "real" prefix/suffix on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    I know, but items like "heavy cudgel" or "halberd of defense" are not generated by appending the prefix "heavy" or suffix "of defense" to cudgels or halberds. They are different items, with different properties (check the weapons list in the GB and you will find them there, independently of the prefix/suffix list. You can also wish for them if I'm not mistaken). That's why I wonder if they could also get the "real" prefix/suffix on top of that.
    haha oh sorry, I really should have read that properly, I asked the same question a couple of months ago
    and the answer was that they don't have any pre/suffixes

would be awesome with murderous whip of slaughtering of penetration

I've generated over a million items in my recent tests, plus my many games. I have yet to see any "heavy heavy" items or "item of *blah* of *blah*".

My guess is that yes, he did do the right coding to prevent repetitive repetitive prefixes.
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

A light heavy cudgel would be better.
    Your armor weakens, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by flibble View Post
    A light heavy cudgel would be better.
    Does that one give light in the dark?

Personally I've never seen any prefixes or suffixes on items that have either a prefix or suffix normally.

[offtopic]
    This reminds me of Dungeon Siege where one of the unenchanted weapons was called "axe of kill kill carnage". You could have an "insane axe of kill kill carnage of insanity".
    [/offtopic]
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.