Thread: Playstation 4/5 player

Default Playstation 4/5 player

Picked this up on Playstation 4/5 and love it. Reminds me of so many other games that are similar.

So, HOW DO YOU SKIP A TURN?!

I'm tired of the enemies getting free attacks because I have to keep blundering in to them. I'm tired of not being able to skip a single turn and instead "wait until refreshed" or "wait until healed". Sometimes you just want to skip one single turn so the enemy is forced to move or maybe you're in stealth mode and want them to move out of the way. Instead I'm forced to move back and forth squandering those movement steps when the mob just steps back where they were or I get smacked in the face because they're obviously smart enough to stand still for multiple turns.

Got another question: What are those lightning bolts over the character's and mob's head when in combat that turn from yellow to orange to red?

Quote Originally Posted by ultrakev9 View Post
    Got another question: What are those lightning bolts over the character's and mob's head when in combat that turn from yellow to orange to red?
    I think there's some sort of mechanic that increases to-hit chances when combatants attack the same target on consecutive turns. The lightning bolts are a visual indicator for this mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    I think there's some sort of mechanic that increases to-hit chances when combatants attack the same target on consecutive turns. The lightning bolts are a visual indicator for this mechanic.
    Ah, terrific! Thanks so much! You wouldn't happen to know how to skip a turn and do nothing, would you?

Even if I knew it was on PC then it must be in the controls somewhere on PS4/5.

As for your other question about the lightning bolts, these are a visual indicator of a mechanic called "To-Hit Bonus." This bonus increases the chance that your character will hit an enemy when they attack them on consecutive turns. The lightning bolts start out as yellow, and they turn orange and then red as the bonus increases.

Yearning for a moment of respite amidst the chaos of combat? Consider this: embrace the power of the pause button. Yes, it sounds too simple, but in the heat of battle, a brief pause can provide clarity and strategic insight. While there might not be a conventional "skip turn" option, a momentary pause allows you to reassess your approach, observe enemy movements, and plan your next move with precision. So, next time you find yourself in a tight spot, remember, sometimes the most powerful action is inaction.