Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Account recovery

Question Account recovery

Is it possible to recover a previous account for use in Steam? I reinstalled the Steam version after a backup crash and realized that I no longer had my adom.acc file.

I still have my rogueleague ID and account token. Found an old backup from 2012 with version 1.2(?) but not sure it had account option then. I also downloaded a 3.3.3 ver, thinking that a adom.acc file might be created that I could edit.

When I enter my email into Steam, it says my alias is no longer available. I'm not sure if that's my old account or if someone else is using that alias now.

Thank you and kind regards.

~L

Hi,

you can recreate the adom.acc file yourself. Just create a new file named adom.acc and copy the following contents to it:

Code:
    {"Version":"1","Account_ID":"1234","Account_Token":"8765","TermsOfUse_Version":"2"}
    Then replace the account ID with your own rogueleague ID and the account token with your own token.

Save the changes and copy the file to the ADOM data directory (the exact location depends on the system you use).

I hope this helps.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Thank you for the quick response!

I created the file and copied it to the root ADOM Steam directory(...\steamapps\common\ADOM). There's no \data\ directory on Steam.

It didn't seem to change anything, so I went to Create Account again, put in my email and chosen alias. The message says, "The account could not be created. Your chosen alias isn't available anymore. Please select a different alias." It's the same message without the file. I'm not sure for certain which alias I used in the past, but I believe that I entered the correct one. I'm not sure if that affects anything. I'm using the email that was registered with rogueleague.

Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Kind regards,
    L
    “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” - Confucius

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." - HST

Hi,

actually there is a data directory for the Steam version. :-)

It's located in the "Documents" folder of your user account (if you're on Windows), e.g. "c:\Users\<account>\Documents\ADOM\adom_steam\ ".

It should work if you move the "adom.acc" file there.

Best regards
    Jochen
    Last edited by jt; 05-18-2023 at 10:34 AM.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Cool ADOM, ho! Err, in sicht?

I can't thank you enough! I didn't even think about ADOM having a presence in Documents. There it is, adom_dat and adom_steam. Ok, another brain fart. There's no \data\ in either folder, but there is a tmpdat folder in each. Uh...crankin' brain up..hamsters roll out!

Ok, ADOM did not like my attempts to put adom.acc into the temp, created data folder, or root directories there. The tmpdat in the Steam folder created an empty 12920 folder, but that's not the Steam game ID. Just a black screen when running executable.

Starting to feel like I'm borked. I'm kicking myself for not grandfathering my last backup. Lesson learned. Always have a third backup. My drive bricked and I thought no problem...I've got a backup drive. Then my backup drive crashed a week after I installed new hdd. Lazy elf.

All your base belong to us...adom.acc in every directory! More wine! More ADOM! Okay fine, I'll admit defeat. Awaiting further instruction per der Einzige.

P. S. I have to start over, don't I? I'm out of wine. Send supplies.

Hi,

only having "tmpdat" in the ADOM data folder seems odd. There should be a lot of other files there, e.g. adom.cfg, adom.kbd, adom.log, config.noe, etc.

I guess you are looking at the wrong directory, so maybe it would be best to search your hard drive for other ADOM directories (e.g. by searching for "adom.cfg")? If you've installed ADOM from Steam and at least played it once, there should be a directory with all the mentioned files (and more).

I hope this helps...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    Hi,

actually there is a data directory for the Steam version. :-)

It's located in the "Documents" folder of your user account (if you're on Windows), e.g. "c:\Users\<account>\Documents\ADOM\adom_steam\data".

It should work if you move the "adom.acc" file there.

Best regards
    Jochen

Your reply mentions a DATA folder. I have the other files you mention, but I don't have DATA folders.

These are the directories I'm trying.

C:\Users\...\Documents\ADOM\adom_dat and C:\Users\...\Documents\ADOM\adom_steam

Within both are many files, but no DATA folder. The only folders in each are \savedg\ and \tmpdat\ folders. I tried to create \data\ folders and add adom.acc, but that didn't work.

There is also the ..\steamapps\common\ADOM\ directory but I think I'm supposed to be looking in Documents.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
    Petalwing

I'm sorry, the "adom_steam" directory is the "data" directory. I got it wrong when copying the path.

So copying the "adom.acc" file to the "adom_steam" directory should work. Sorry again for the confusion. :-)

No worries. I thought perhaps that might be the case and tried that previously, but if I copy adom.acc to \adom_steam\, it just launches with a black screen. You can see and move the glove cursor, but I just have to end task or stop it through the Steam client.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks again.

Not really, you might want to check the adom.log file for any errors. If you remove the adom.acc file ADOM works fine again?