Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: General Tips?

> and the only prerequisite was that you use a
    > guaranteed area for that. Terinyo made perfect.

My personal favorite was the PC, complete with
    a pool and a Margoyle for first kill ; )

> did you ever dualwield Needle and Needle?

Seems like something I would have done!
    If I did, it was so long ago, I no longer
    remember the effects.

The adom.cnt file seems to not exist in the OSX version. Anyway to open the bugs temple it's easy, just create one character with a name like Zzzz, then save. Then go in save folder of ADOM and there :
    - Command-Shit-N => Creates a new folder.
    - Drag the save of Zzzz and open the new folder
    - Then Command-A and Command-D 7 times

You have now more than 100 saves so just drag them in the save folder and start a new game and you'll have access to the bugs temple.

I don't have the Shit button

Ha ha ha! Very funny!

I refuse to call the button anything but the shit button from this day on...
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Common make some joking upon my back! Now the first who never made any typo should throw the first rock!

Actually is quite interesting to know that things about editing the .cnt to enter bugwil. I've never been able to enter that damned place because my hard drive is fucked up and sometimes it start doing some strange noises and freezes, so I have to reset computer. If that happens when I'm playing ADOM, not only I lose my character but it closes as soon as I open it, so I have to delete the folder and install it again. Since this happen quite often, it's not easy at all to get 100 dead characters :P

What's with all this foul language? Typo is a typo, but you're still clinging onto it. It must be trendy these days. Sheesh.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

> If that happens when I'm playing ADOM, not only I lose my
    > character but it closes as soon as I open it, so I have to
    > delete the folder and install it again.

Are you sure that deleting the adom.prc file isn't enough?

Well-noticed, gut! The PRC file is there to ensure that you are not running two ADOM instances at once, but that's it. Delete that file whenever you restart your PC after a freeze. Likewise, if you end ADOM via Task Manager, the file also remains. If you want to start your ADOM again, just delete that file. Optionally delete everything from temp_dat. Temp_dat still holds your character, but in an exapanded state. I dont know if you can recover your character from it, so keep regular backups instead.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼