Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Question

Default Shop Question

When a shop is generated in a dungeon - do the items in the shop still follow the same rules for item creation in the dungeon itself or does it have the chance of generating any item of the shop type?

If a shop is generated, the following types may be, The numbers are the chance out of 20

Scrolls 5
    Potions 4
    General 3
    Rings 3
    Wands 2
    Books 2
    Pets 1

shops have a about a 1/6 chance to be generated then the type is picked. Supposedly for merchants the chance for them being generated is 1/4 but i dont play merchants so I cant confirm that.

With a char, close to 60 places visited, let remove about 15 standard so 45 places visited and not a single shop generated, 1/6 you say? So 5/6 chance it isn't. For 45 places it's about 1/4000 chance it happens, weird! My char has really bad luck!!

Sardac - what you responded to is not what I'm asking at all...

Im asking WHEN a shop is generated do the ITEMS IN THE SHOP adhere to the same rules as normal dungeon item generation.

For example - you enter D1 and a shop IS generated. Let's say it's a tome shop. When you go into that shop will only tomes for low level spells be generated or would you have a chance of finding ANY tome in the game in that shop?

im pretty sure certain tomes are rarer than others, in all the tome shops ive found on all levels I'll see lots of magic missles lights and darkness, some rarer ones like strength of atlas and earthquake, from what I've seen and heard wish can never be generated but that might be wrong. I just each tome has a rarity factor for shops. I've found acid bolt and improved fireball in shops, bought them, and they were never generated again.

they seem to be affected by the danger lvl of dungeon. ive had a ring of immunity in a generated shop in deep CoC. on the other had i also encountered Black Tome in a generated shop in UD but Black Tome is not so good artifact. Beside the Black Tome i havent seen artifacts in shops generated close to surface. and about other items i cant really recall were they that much better in the deeper shops, but i would guess they were :P

Earlier, when I had a plenty of wishes (and saved my game), I decided to test it. I wished for a plenty of scrolls of danger, and I cursed them (they're stronger like that). I have read a several til I got the room to a danger level to that of chaos gate level (just to mention, this was a tome shop generated on D1). Spellbooks of light and darkness stopped appearing in favour of stronger books like Petrification and Death Ray. If you have a way to get Scrolls of Danger, honest or not, using them will allow you to buy outstanding items in any shop.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Default Shop Query

Elone -

Thanks for your response. So it does seem like DL of the dungeon level does affect the items generated in a shop.
    In my current game, which Im not that far into yet, Ive had quite a number of dungeon shops generated already.
    General Shops on PC1 and UD7
    Potion Shops on UD1 and UD6
    Wand Shop on UD2
    Tome Shop on D3

Seems rather high, although the UD is supposed to generate more features then other dungeons.

BTW - how did you curse your scrolls of danger that you wished for?

dip them in a bottle of unholy (cursed) water

Default This should be simple...

Dip an item, any item, into a ! potion of unholy water. They will rarely be found in dungeons. You cannot make them by yourself, unless you get a god to curse your whole inventory - not reccomended. To make more ! unholy water, dip existing ! water potions into an ! unholy one. You can only dip 4 at the time, meaning that you get a net gain of 3, per a waste of one ! water potion. Try that. And remember to drop those ! potions before you read a ? Scroll of Uncursing.
    Last edited by Elone; 04-10-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Bah, spelling.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼