Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Question

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    Earlier, when I had a plenty of wishes (and saved my game), I decided to test it. I wished for a plenty of scrolls of danger, and I cursed them (they're stronger like that). I have read a several til I got the room to a danger level to that of chaos gate level (just to mention, this was a tome shop generated on D1). Spellbooks of light and darkness stopped appearing in favour of stronger books like Petrification and Death Ray. If you have a way to get Scrolls of Danger, honest or not, using them will allow you to buy outstanding items in any shop.
    How many ?oD did you need?

In a !shop, it should be possible to generate cure-corruption potions, right?
    In a =shop, it should be possible to get nice =oDS, right?
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    In a !shop, it should be possible to generate cure-corruption potions, right?
    In a =shop, it should be possible to get nice =oDS, right?
    Well i know it's possible to get SoCR in scroll shop that's pretty outstanding.

For PoCC I read in a forum they was level 1 or 2, for scrolls I don't know.

About corruption I read in a guidebook stuff about writing set and SoCR, are priest get same advantages than wizards?

Listen. Shops will generate same items that you would run into while adventuring. Let's assume things a bit.
    There's 1% chance to get a RoDS on the ground of the dungeon level that you are on. It has the same amount of chance to be generated in the shop that lies on the same danger level. If the chance is indeed 1%, and if the shop has 25 squares, there's 25% chance that there will be one such ring generated in the shop (because it will have 1% chance to be generated on each square of the shop).

If RoDS and SoCR and PoGA are already very rare, and they are... No matter the shop, if dungeon level is correct, they have a chance to be generated. Just, chances will be as tiny as if you were adventuring.

Bah. In other words, shops basically generate random drops that correspond to current dungeon level. End of story.

To answer Epythic:
    Blessed Scrolls of Danger increase Danger Level by 1d2, uncursed increase by 2d2, and cursed increase by 3d2. Enjoy.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

I do believe that all spellbooks are DL 1. There are
    some that are more rare than others, but still at
    danger level 1. If you climb the stairs of the ID
    levels 1 and 2, you will encounter spellbooks of
    death ray, earthquake, petrification, mystic shovel,
    and so on. They are rare, but they are there.

The wish spellbook could be found in shops as
    late as ADOM 1.0.0. I think. I haven't encountered
    any in ADOM 1.1.1 yet though.

Actually. Their DL means that they will most likely be found on those danger levels. If RoDS is DL8, that means that you will most likely find it on DL8! So a shop generated on DL8 is most likely to sell one. Which doesnt mean that RoDS has not chance to appear on DL 1-45. Same for books. Imagine that Death ray is DL45. It will still have minor chances to appear on DL1 level, but DL1 books like Light and Darkness will be so much more favoured by RNG. Again, try reading all those cursed Danger scrolls on the level with the shop til DL reaches 45 (which was max for a regular dungeon) and you will see.

Welcome adventurer! Deathray and
    Petrification in stock today!
    ""#...
    ""#...
    "@/.@.
    ""#...
    ""#...
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

And how you know the danger level of a level? I mean before any SoD and after any SoD.

Danger levels of dungeons in Adom can be founded over the internet(such knowledge was aquired by code-diving though).

Quote Originally Posted by Elone
    Imagine that Death ray is DL45. It will still have minor chances to appear on DL1 level
    I'm quite sure that it's exactly different, ie. item with danger level x, have no chances to be founded on levels with danger below x value. Same goes for monsters(that's why dwarven halls are so dangerous, because monsters out of depth can be generated there).

Ok thanks about the danger level, by searching internet, I found one list... in guidebook online... then checked and already had it in guidebook (non online).

But once you used SoD is there any way to know the danger level? Ha well ok, perhaps by looking at level of monsters generated.

RoDS has DL of 8, and you can find it on both D:1 and D:46 for instance. Explain that.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼