Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I died the last couple of days

Default How I died the last couple of days

- Drowned by giant dragon turtle down to -100
    - Killed by open quickling lord threat room
    - Tried out wand of wonder at piranha lake to get cold spell, cast darkness, accidentally pressed up
    - Ran into acid vortex while at just over 100 HP, wielding the emerald dagger because I forgot I lost acid resistance to pools
    - Killed by a large gnoll in true berserk mode because I thought the bracers of war (UD surge of power) let you survive anything at 40 HP
    - Khelly crash bug ("Hmm, there's Khelly, I should probably make a backup since the game tends to crash here - naaaaah I won't need... FUCK!)"
    - Accidentally closed the window, which doesn't get a confirmation prompt in Windows 7

I hate myself.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    - Accidentally closed the window, which doesn't get a confirmation prompt in Windows 7
    On mac, you can't. The's no confirmation, but to quit adom from outside you *have* to force it down.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

And now I got "choke on your own vomit" for the first time in my life. Greatness!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    On mac, you can't. The's no confirmation, but to quit adom from outside you *have* to force it down.
    But in exchange, you have to sell your soul to Apple.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

No, i'm not going to corrupt them with my soul.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Sorry Silfir, wish you better luck in future games.

---

Here is few of my recent ones.

Kill by a greater claw but in an ancient bug-infested dungeon.

I was so close to clearing the entry way. There was only two bugs left and I already blasted them once with acid ball, all I do was hit them again. They took their turn and they put me at exactly - 1 life.

--

Killed by a water dragon in a water cave.

I got tons of those, still hammering out a good tactic to kill that dragon.

--

Here is a good one:

Drowned in a comfortable clearing.

Confusion from trying to read a spell-book. How many times do I have to do that before I get?

--

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post

Here is a good one:

Drowned in a comfortable clearing.

Confusion from trying to read a spell-book. How many times do I have to do that before I get?

--
    When in doubt, clean your ears!
    Now I sound like a fortune cookie...

Just about the only thing on the list of common deaths that I, curiously enough, have managed to avoid, is the cat lord. So, in hopes of keeping this question as off-topic as it currently is, does anyone have any practical experience with a 40 kitty corpses cat lord? Advice to share?

Basically, what I want to know is how afraid I have to be. I'm guessing my usual routine of guiding him one level higher so I can teleport might not be the recommended course of action. I guess it's webs and monster detection.
    Last edited by Silfir; 11-11-2010 at 10:36 PM.

I also most always kill the cat lord as opposed to the rings. I hate cats and I find that quest annoying as hell. I try to kill as many as I can so that the cat lord will give me more xp.

I don't have a real strategy for killing the lord other then stay the heck away from him, he gets really nasty in melee.

If you are a very strong melee and can dish out tons of damage, you can bash him before he kills you. Just make sure you have an escape plan or enough potions of healing.

As you mentioned webbing works well. Also moving to another level so you can tp. Those are probably the best methods.

You want to be fast though, just having seven league boots may not be enough, as he gets really fast.

Having some type of see invisible helps a ton. It is practically a must, unless maybe if you web the whole area.

If you are a drakeling you can go coward and spit acid on him.

I think the main things are to make sure you can find him and that you don't let him back you into a corner. You need to be able to run away.

--

The last cat lord I killed I had about 80 cats killed.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 11-11-2010 at 11:18 PM.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

So he's not all that superhuman at 80 cats then? I shouldn't be too afraid in that case.

I usually am nice to kitties because ring >>>>> experience, but this time I got stuck between two of them in a tunnel and stopped caring. Then in the druid dungeon I managed to open a cave tiger tension room. I just can't remember having killed this many before.