Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When crown lawful?

Default When crown lawful?

I'd like do the lawful crowning but I wonder what I'll loose a this point to not be able go neutral. I know I could anyway for a minor penalty but I'd prefer avoid. At this point I have:
    - Learned skills plus training from the master thieve, I don't plan to do more. There's eventually climbing but I failed the 90 days limit so at worse I'll use wilderness mountains to train that.
    - Got the 4 SoCC scrolls from the sage in dwarf town.

At best it will be my first win (always be positive!) so I don't care too much about any special ending. Eventually I could do some special quests anyway but I don't think so.

Will I spoil some interesting thing if I go lawful forever at this point?

You don't a special ending and you've got all you want from Yergius... Yep, you can get crowned lawful (It's what I usually do myself at this point). Unless you want the potions from Riurry you get for killing Yrruir, since that quest incurs a heavy alignment hit.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I'd say go for it now. You won't be able to do ultra ending quests, but it sounds like that won't be a problem (and you can still get the trident of the red rooster if you really desired). The major restriction is that you can't do overly chaotic acts. This includes gravedigging, shop-robbing and killing Blup's mom. You can get by without any of that easily.

Thank you all for the information, and Grey you saved mt life, no gravedigging or I'll be uncrowned? Damit I wouldn't have suspect that. Perhaps you mean that if I'm very close to L a gravedigging will makes me L? Or juts one gravedigging is dangerous for crown? I haven't yet explored the dwarf cemetery so perhaps I'll better wait that before do the lawful crowning (I know I should have since a long time and in fact close to the 50 days things was going well but then many things gone wrong and I lost a lot of time).

Blessed amulet of balance is really handy for lawful champion. You can relatively safe commit some chaotic acts(like eating undead corpses, digging graves, or killing lawful creatures), just not too much. When you'll notice that you're L(not L+), it's better to stop and try to build your character back to L+. Note that a few major chaotic acts(like killing greater white unicorn), are very risky even with blessed amulet of balance.

Ok thanks, clear. I haven't yet any amulet of balance but I'll take care avoid big evil stuff plus now time isn't anymore a concern in this game, I'm building a new set of pets and healing them ensure easily a high lawful alignment. So go on for crowning!

Quote Originally Posted by Doalag View Post
    - Learned skills plus training from the master thieve, I don't plan to do more. There's eventually climbing but I failed the 90 days limit so at worse I'll use wilderness mountains to train that.
    I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying here. I know there is the 90 days to close the chaos gate or a lot the corruption doubles...but does that mean that you can't do the rift or something if 90 days come and go?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying here. I know there is the 90 days to close the chaos gate or a lot the corruption doubles...but does that mean that you can't do the rift or something if 90 days come and go?
    I think he's saying that he can use a while to train climbing, because that time won't matter towards the 90 day limit.

And whether it's plausible or not to get the ToTRR, depends on the first kill.

Yes about climbing that was my thought, about ToTRR, that's that quest, well one more time I forgot quote first monster killed or at least first small set. What's always happen is that I start a new character, quote the first kill, push to do the puppy cave even when I see it's not wise, get character killed, start a new character, quote again the first character, and so on, up to the point that I forget to quote the first kill and miracle the character survive!

So my character became a law champion and he gets (Hurthling Priest) the Justifier. Well not sure it's that cool, demon slayer seems cool but I'd prefer avoid attributes lost and keep the fight from long range. Not sure about undead slaying abilities. Anyway I'll use it a bit to train it a little.