Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways to Die

Anyone checked to see if theres a unique message to getting killed by the elementalist's lvl 32 ability? I also wonder if their lvl 50 ability could kill you if you were very hungry/starving but still had enough pp to use it. If you don't know what those abilitys are, then read the manual.
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

87. Roasted (drakeling heat death).

I want to add, that this does not only apply to drakelings:

Onk, the trollish barbarian, was roasted.

Grey miswrote the drakeling heat death, it's really something like "was killed by system overheating". Onk the troll was killed by the fire directly, but drakelings can be killed indirectly.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Number 13 :P

Pretty sure the drakeling message is "roasted" too.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Number 13 :P

Pretty sure the drakeling message is "roasted" too.
    ok.. 10chARS

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Anyone checked to see if theres a unique message to getting killed by the elementalist's lvl 32 ability? I also wonder if their lvl 50 ability could kill you if you were very hungry/starving but still had enough pp to use it. If you don't know what those abilitys are, then read the manual.
    The Lv32 ability just fired off random bolts - only the lightning variant could kill you(the others can't bounce), and that would be difficult because Elementalists are resistant to lightning. If it did kill you, I don't see why the message would be any different then killing yourself with a normal lightning bolt. As far as the level 50 variant, you do know that energy points is speed related, not food related, right? If anything you would just starve to death, the same as if you tried to pickaxe a wall while starving.

I found "sacrificed self", but where is "was sacrificed"?

Whoops, didn't notice
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!

is whipped himsefl to death included?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

no. 26.

'Ctrl F' may be of use in future :-p.

Okay, maybe I'm just unawares of some kind of other function of altars or something, but, how does one get the "sacrificed self to the gods" message, no. 48?