Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways to Die

101. Death ray self with a wand of wonder (doesn't normally work with the spell).

This is wrong btw - you can kill yourself with the spell. Cause it bounces. But the message is same from spell and wand iirc.

Note, it is still possible to die of exhaustion on a bad day. I just had that happen...

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGenerator View Post
    Note, it is still possible to die of exhaustion on a bad day. I just had that happen...
    That must have been the quickest death ever. I've tried to do that a couple of times, but always started with too many HP.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

I have reviewed this thread and just noticed that my death message in the League of Ghosts is missing.

It was:

"was transformed into a shadow troll".

I don't know the exact conditions to be transformed into a shadow troll rather than just being killed by a shadow troll, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    I have reviewed this thread and just noticed that my death message in the League of Ghosts is missing.

It was:

"was transformed into a shadow troll".

I don't know the exact conditions to be transformed into a shadow troll rather than just being killed by a shadow troll, though.
    That's just a generic "transformed into [something]", which happens when the monster takes your toughness or strength to 0.
    Last edited by Laukku; 07-21-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: you -> your
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    That's just a generic "transformed into [something]", which happens when the monster takes your toughness or strength to 0.
    Oh, OK, that's nice to know. Anyway, that generic "transformed into X" message is not on the list either.

Edit: Are you sure? Look at this death here: http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/sorear/drormi02.flg

No stats at 0.

If you are killed by an undead, the message will typically be a transformation type message, even if it isn't stat-drain related.

I seem to remember that if a player is killed by ghosts (by taking damage), you still get the message "-player- was aged to death by a ghost". I think the character I was playing when this happened was a high elf who was killed by a tension room of ghosts--presumably he wasn't actually aged to death.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Death number 38. Anyone want to compile an exhaustive list? I know it can include some odd enemies like living walls.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

On a weird note, you can't kill yourself using the Petrify spell.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

What message do you get if you die to:
    "hundreds of tiny spiders suddenly swarm all over you, you are bitten dozens of times"

I didn't find it in the list...