Thread: Bridge building

Default Bridge building

SO... i've never bothered to use bridge building, before. All my characters end up being spellcasters with Frost Bolt.

This trollish healer of mine doesn't have it -- thus I'm carrying some logs down to the Tomb of the high kings.

How do I use the Bridge Building skill? I can't "A"pply the skill, and I can't seem to "U"se the log, nor can i put it in my tool slot. Is the hatchet important somehow?

Never mind; I just figured it out. Keep log in inventory - put hatchet in tool slot - 'u'se the hatchet.

And fail because my Bridge Building score is terrible.

yeah that is the way

Seriously, scum for a wand of cold in the cavernous tomb levels. That will take a LOT less time than that crappy bridge building skill.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I had a wand of cold and a couple potions of booze in my pocket, I just ended up gathering some logs along the way (since I thought I would need them.)

I'm about to duel the High King. I hope I win. :-/

Remember that if you're confused, you won't stagger if you clean your ears.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I had a ring of the clear mind, so I was good. I drank a potion of boost speed and retreated away from the pool; he chucked fireballs at me but I was completely immune due to crowning (har har har) and was able to beat him down once he closed to melee.

Unfortunately I did not have so much luck with the ACW (see other thread) RIP Grawwr.

I use it the most, when spell knowledge runs low on these spells, testking HP0-Y23 or when I do not get to much castings from each book read (like, when not playing a dedicated spellcaster),testking HP0-Y26 or when I learnt to cast a spell from the wand or potion of Wonder.
    testking HP2-E28

Bookcasting takes up up to 4x the casting mana (can be reduced with talents,testking HP2-H08 can also be class dependant), so you can use it to train Mana and Concentration without losing castings.