Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Platnium Girdle

Default Platnium Girdle

Is the Platnium Girdle still around or ever was around?
    Has anyone ever actually been able to get it.

Just wondering.

the most I have heard was that it is around, but no one has been able to get it legitly yet

There are several legit occurances of it in the hall of fame. It's very difficult though. The only requirement is not committing any unlawful acts. However this can be difficult as it means no pickpocketing monsters that aren't attacking you and no killing lawful creatures (including dwarves and blink dogs - the latter are most difficult since teleport control is almost essential in the game). You can't kill lawfuls even if they start hostile to you - it's considered a chaotic act anyway. You also can't attack non-hostiles without certain tricks (so killing Hotzenplotz can be a chaotic act).

You get a big points bonus for going through as a "true paragon of order", and you get the platinum girdle as well obviously. But the girdle only comes on D50, which is pretty damned useless if you ask me.

yeah, I almost had this with my last game, but I accidently killed a freindly monster on the water temple without thinking of it...

Oh yeah, another problem is backstabbing, which can be considered a chaotic act (even if you don't get the "are sure you want to attack" message). The druid quest is also chaotic for lawfuls (it draws you toward neutral alignment). I figure the best chance for getting the girdle is dwarven mindcrafter - starts with Detect Traps and Teleport Control. Just have to be careful that bolt and ball mindcrafts don't hit friendlies.

I've tried courting this challenge briefly before and simply never enjoyed it. I really want to get the platinum girdle some time but it's just so horribly boring to play! It gets in the way of fun, which is no good in my books.
    Last edited by Grey; 05-04-2008 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey
    However this can be difficult as it means no pickpocketing monsters that aren't attacking you and no killing lawful creatures
    I've heard something slighty different - that no lawful creature can die during game(obviously this includes lawful mobs killed by traps or other creatures). I'm not sure if it's true - never managed to get platinum girdle.

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    I've heard something slighty different - that no lawful creature can die during game(obviously this includes lawful mobs killed by traps or other creatures). I'm not sure if it's true - never managed to get platinum girdle.
    That's not true, thankfully. The challenge has been completed by someone who got an OCG even, which means a farmer must die. It's also been done by someone who got the raw steel artifacts (which means killing Thrundarr - I presume a pet was used).

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about using pets to kill stuffs. By using pets, you can kill all those things that you otherwise arent allowed to. Including blink dogs and white and black unicorns, whose corpses all have beneficial effex *cough*. Cats too, meow.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That's not true, thankfully. The challenge has been completed by someone who got an OCG even, which means a farmer must die. It's also been done by someone who got the raw steel artifacts (which means killing Thrundarr - I presume a pet was used).
    Do you have references for that? In Alex Pinachos's Ayukawa, Illiterate Platinum ULE, the farmer was apparently killed after obtaining Platinum Girdle (AFAIK Baba Yaga's quest itself is also a chaotic act). I suppose that the raw steel artifacts were also obtained after PG.

Hmm, I was basing my statement on this flg, where the character generated the raw steel artifacts and the chaos trinity along with True Strength. But looking in more detail though the PC isn't wearing the platinum girdle, and doesn't have the appropriate "true paragon of order" line in the summary. There's also a blink dog in the kill list (though no farmer or ancient dwarf, so a pet must have been used for them). This is odd actually - why is there a blink dog in the kill list when the char was a ULE? I suppose a spell accident would explain it...

I note that Alex Pinacho's illiterate platinum UCG does indeed contain a farmer in the kill list - I hadn't realised before that his tactic was to get the girdle then retcon on it. Evidently lawful deaths must be disallowed entirely, otherwise he would have had a pet kill the farmer and kept the paragon status.