Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link: League of Air

If it is against the rules, isn't this contradictory to the general rule of detailed and truthful reports after each player's turn?

And Timpak cannot be helped now anyway...

Knowing there's a trap on a id level doesn't give much help imo, with the amount of traps in id it's almost like saying you'll encounter a wraith in dwarven graveyard :P

Never wanted to tell where it was though, it's a competition after all.

Quote Originally Posted by reich View Post
    If it is against the rules, isn't this contradictory to the general rule of detailed and truthful reports after each player's turn?
    This isn't a player's turn, it's a player's death - quite a difference. There's to be no hiding information to help yourself, certainly, but I don't think Timpak can benefit now On the other hand a departed player should not reveal information he found through his death. You'll see in the first post of this thread that there are separate instructions on what to do after a death than what to do after you've succeeded in your turn and passed the file on. Timpak did right in not divulging the exact location of the trap. (If he had survived then of course the trap wouldn't still be around to report.)

I'm voting for option 3 it prolongs the game...Of course those that died in previous rounds wouldn't be ressurected! If we decided on competition between leagues as something official, trying to get as deep as possible for ex., than this option might be changed to option 1 so it's not unfair.

I'm the next person, but I don't play before 22/05 20h gmt+1

Quote Originally Posted by Timpak View Post
    Next person trying this on. Pray a lot more before killing the orc, you will need it.
    what do you wnat to say ? pray, it is just having a religious tool and use it ? it is "only" in order to ask divine help ?
    I never use divine help in an adom game, so, what does it give ?

thanks for the mess it seem to be
    Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'?me (rabelais)

Dieu ne joue pas aux d?s (Einstein)

you want to fight me?!

I shouldn't be giving advice outside my own group... but, well, none of the rest of your league are online now and I'm feeling generous.

'u'sing the holy symbol in the tool slot builds up your piety a tiny amount. Keep doing it a *lot* (several hundred turns) and it'll let you pray for healing more. Refer well to the tactics Timpak used - they were very sound, even though ultimately he failed in the end. Best of luck... I think you'll need it really badly.

just a question : there is no need to "visit" the whole level ? why not "just" find the next level and go downstairs?
    I don't want to take so gorgeous risks if it's a bit too tricky.
    Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'?me (rabelais)

Dieu ne joue pas aux d?s (Einstein)

you want to fight me?!

Thing is, bowwarrior, we already know the location of the stairs. And on the route to it, we have a tension room of orcs, ogres and an ogre magus.

Option 3 is fine by me, though personally I'd prefer surviving and kicking a whole lot of competitors out
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Thing is, bowwarrior, we already know the location of the stairs. And on the route to it, we have a tension room of orcs, ogres and an ogre magus.
    do we? The only part of the level so far discovered is the initial room with the up staircase and the tension room. The down staircase lies somewhere in the fog of war.

Oh, adjacent to the room with the UP staircase was the tension room... Misread that part.

But, the second part of what I said still holds true. We may not know the location of the stairs, but on the route there we definitely have a tension room of orcs, ogres and an ogre magus! :P
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.