Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link: League of Air

Default The Weakest Link: League of Air

Welcome to the League of Air!

Chaos Gate status: OPEN!
    (when the Chaos Gate is opened corrupt and profane tactics will be allowed)

This thread is for game reports for this league - no general discussion here, that?s reserved for the Discussion thread. Members of the league may take part in minor discussion though in order to arrange things for their character (choosing a name for instance). Please refer to the sign-up threads for a full understanding of all game rules.

Playing Order:

1. Subconcious
    2. kupico
    3. reich
    4. Timpak (killed)
    5. M_bowwarrior
    6. Silfir
    7. Lich
    8. Baranor (killed)
    9. Subconcious (killed)
    10. kupico (killed)
    11. reich
    12. M_bowwarrior
    13. Silfir (killed and resurrected)
    14. Lich (killed and resurrected)
    -Chaos Gate opened-
    15. reich (killed and resurrected)
    16. M_bowwarrior (killed and cast into the Abyss)
    17. Silfir zombie (killed)
    18. Lich ghul
    19. reich wraith (killed)
    20. Lich (killed)

Champion of Air: reich
    Runner-up: Lich

Game Reports:

After each turn you must give a full and frank description of your activities, with especial detail on things that may affect other players. This can be done as a story or as a plain retelling of events. Some notable things to include:

-dungeon levels traversed
    -items found
    -items lost/damaged
    -prayers used
    -piety gained using holy symbol
    -levels gained
    -skills increased
    -talent choices
    -stat changes
    -where you left off
    -monsters on the current level not killed

It is also preferred for you to create a log file with the '(' or ')' key at the end of your turn and post it in code tags. You will need to trim it down a lot to fit in the post though - I recommend cutting out inventory junk, unused weapon skills, background, kill list, and anything else that isn?t relevant to your play.

You must, of course, attach the save file to your post for the next person to pick up. This must be made into a zip file to be accepted on the forum (no other file types are allowed). There is a file limit of 97 Kb - thankfully in infinity we?re very unlikely to reach this.

Should you die please give us a report of what happened in as much gruesome detail as possible so we can mock you Do not post an flg - this would reveal hidden information like equipment identifications and intrinsics. However please do give us details for the high score listing - in particular score, xps, no turns, what killed you and how, and what level you were on (most of this stuff is at the start of the achievements section of the flg).

High Score:

The infamous list of how everyone died.

Code:
     10797   reich, advanced to level 12 (35477 xps), survived for 17939 turns.
             Brought to his grave by a ghost lord on I16.

12844   Lich, advanced to level 12 (34455 xps), survived for 16601 turns.
             Felled by an owlbear and hell hound duo on I15.

11190   M_bowwarrior, adv to level 12 (35319 xps), survived for 17037 turns.
             Decimated by rust monsters on I15 and cast into the Abyss.

11449   Silfir, advanced to level 12 (33126 xps), survived for 14207 turns.
             Killed by a lowly white worm on I14.

11960   Subconcious, advanced to level 12, survived for 13536 turns.
             Starved to death on I14.

?????   Baranor, advanced to level 11/12, survived for around 13000 turns.
             Clawed open by a margoyle on I13.

?????   kupico, advanced to level 11, survived for 12448 turns.
             Torn apart by a dire wolf on I13.

10969   Timpak, advanced to level 10 (13748 xps), survived for 6322 turns.
             Frozen to death by an ogre magus whilst dazzled by a door on I9.

The resurrected:

10728   reich, advanced to level 12, survived for 16663 turns.
             Butchered by a herd of angry rust monsters on I15.

10706   Lich, advanced to level 12, survived for 16492 turns.
             Slaughtered by the same old rust monsters on I15.

12352   Silfir, advanced to level 12, survived for 16471 turns.
             Gangraped by rust monsters on I15.
    Last edited by Grey; 06-06-2008 at 01:50 PM.

1 Question...do we try to play cooperative building strong character till only maybe 3 or 4 players are left? And then start cruel competitive play for only 2 best ones to stay in lead?

Alrite folks! Im done the first descending already so here it comes:

Actually nothing exciting, went down to ID:1 and began exploring around. Found some basic junk and stuff, killed some monsters etc.. Got her to LVL 3, I picked "healthy".

I descended downstairs around 1000 turns and I got almost killed by puny orc who was lucky enough (or unlucky) to score massive critical that took me down to 1 hp, gladly enough I survived (Well it's glad for me, maybe not for you ), healed, and continued killing and robbing the place off. I Found chainmail and threw clothes away etc etc etc... Got LVL 6, and picked "porter" (Usually I dont get porter talents but this aint normal game rite?)

ID:2 cleared and descended to ID: 3, Found two spellbooks (Slow poison, Cure light wounds) and used all my rest turns reading them and casting cure light wounds on myself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Man, this is boring. We can heal HP, poison and sickness now. Next thing we might actually get ourselves an offensive spell, and then this will take forever...
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Descended to lvl 5 during playing getting few cooked corpses for us and raising our girl to lvl8. Skills i raised where concentration, first aid, food preservation and literacy. Found spellbook of slow poison ( another one ) and holy awe ( nice to help us from danger ). I had one hard time killing karmic lizard and now i'm surrounded by another one and one large orc. Almost out of missiles and hp. I tried wand on him so now we know it's wand of knocking and almost of no use to us now. Started training him in daggers and throwing rocks wherever i could...Good luck this one will be challenging

EDIT: found out just now by comparing saves that our X raised str by 1!
    Last edited by kupiko; 05-19-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Heh offensive spell is something we REALLY could use now

Oh sorry, forgot to name her.. Give her something air related? It wouldnt be "cool" to play as "lady X".

Okay, mr Kupiko left me at dire straits - surrounded in a tunnel by a karmic lizard and a large orc. So, optimistically, I started out by renaming the character to 'Xantia'

Not seeing another option, I decided to ask for divine help. Fully healed, I grabbed a mace and managed to bash my way out of the deathtrap.

I ventured onward to ID 6, where I negotiated a rat tension room. Only to find myself eye to... eyes with a dark elven wizard and a horde of his pet spiders a little further down the road. Even with Slow Poison up my sleeve, I decided not to spare myself the harrowing battle and escaped deeper to ID 7.

Advancement to level 9! I notched Concentration to 100. Spent the next to upgrades on Archery and the final one on First Aid. I decided to invest in the Strong Thrower talent. With no offensive spells, according to my experience, thrown rocks are the only avaible weapon against the increasingly tougher monsters.

Two new spellbooks: Light (used it up) and Remove Curse. Narrowly escaping death from a fire vortex, I plunged on to ID 8. The situation seemed to get stable and that level was pretty uneventful. I descended to ID 9... only to face a horrible surprise. A tension room full of ogres adjacent to the room with the staircase! Nowhere to run or hide!

I managed to steadily slay a bunch of them, but had only a handful of rocks left when my turn limit was up. Cure Light Wounds is running low, the bastards damaged the ringmail, and there is still an Ogre Magus, along with several other ogres left in the room!

So good luck to the next person, this battle still can be won! Remember you still have a potion of extra healing left and are just 800 xp away to level 10!

EDIT: also St +1
    Last edited by reich; 05-19-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Why, oh why did you waste a precious talent on STRONG THROWER????!!!11one

Having kind of worked over the shock, I can sort of see the use of a bit of extra range, but don't we have enough thanks to our weapon skill already? I would have preferred Good Shot. By far. Just so we can get to the other, more powerful archery talents in a reasonable timeframe.

EDIT: Because I read the Water League thread, uncautiously, I have received information that, in lieu of a better procedure, I now have to ensure you receive too to reestablish equal chances: Our cursed ring is actually a ring of stun resistance.
    Last edited by Silfir; 05-20-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Exclamation vital things

for making a general tactic for our Xantia, let's see what seems to be vital or necessary...

to do list :

talents to take, caracs to boost, technics to do (as reading "just" for reading...), weapon to use, monsters to eat, tactics to use...

NOT to do list :

id

I've no idea, because i never play this sort of character. so, be pragmatic.

let's cooperate

please cite this message (the interresting part of course) and complete the list inside, removing the "quote".
    Last edited by M_bowwarrior; 05-20-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: complete list
    Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'?me (rabelais)

Dieu ne joue pas aux d?s (Einstein)

you want to fight me?!