Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link: League of Earth

I agree. Darkness is the closest we have to an offensive spell. Rust monster did not hit me once in the dark, but I didn't remember if the warlord could see in the dark. Was afraid of being disarmed and losing our only spear. 6 books found, none offensive - somewhat bad luck. The level I just entered is bound to have several lying around, I can just feel it. But if not, our offensive capabilities are severely limited. Oh yeah, no healing either, but the piety should be decently high, well into comfortable.

Is it possible to gain enough piety to have a precrown? We sure could use one.

Have fun praying for 100.000 turns to get the shitty tome!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I am on it then. This is like loading another round, while playing russian roulette in a group... so, maybe next one to see the light at the end of the infinite dungeon could be me.

---

EDIT: deleted the details, they might be too helpful and that would be against the rules.. true ?

10010 Gaia. L11 hurthling priest (F). 23930 xps. 14656 turns. Died on 5/26/2008.
    She was frozen to death by an ogre magus on level 12 of some ancient caves.

Good luck next one!

EDIT LAST:

here some gory details, for those who are interested. The level in question is passed now. Those of you having fought there will recognize some things, so you see, why i didn't post it earlier:

14000 Right after the door, a mummy and a wight were awaiting me, so I equipped the knive of the sun. While slashing the mummy to pieces, it made me sick. I cured the disease with a spell and the wight fell to my quarrels. I found bracers of Defense! Good news.

... and I pray to regain some health. Meanwhile, I hear some ripping and slurping sounds... (14300)

it set onward, slay a Minotaur and encounter a Berserker Lord in a narrow passage way, but manage to overcome hin, only loosing 10Hp.

14371: After recollecting my quarrels, I pray some more.

Then I go on the passage until I encounter a door, open it and see two goblins and some webs. Then, a spider. I kill all of them.

14541: A slow shadow caught in some webs... Knife of the sun, be with me!

After two hits with quarrels, he breaks free and punches through my armor. I feel weak. The knife gets him down finally.

14578: I find a stone spear, and I am too curious... I have to try it: It's a chaotic one - and the orcish is better. Still I keep it in the backpack.

14651: I open a door: something invisible is hitting me hard! I cast darkness. I am splattered by an icy blast, causing 60 pts of damage!
    Last edited by Evil Knievel; 05-26-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Is it possible to gain enough piety to have a precrown?
    Apparently not.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...db0d7569553e32

Nicely played, Molach, and stayed alive well enough. ;-)

Two small points of criticism:
    - it was already known that one of those wands was a wand of digging, please everybody, read up on earlier reports if you're not sure! (simply searching for 'wand' could have helped here)
    - Please try to only go down a staircase once. Maybe this time it was the best/only thing you could do, but we can try to avoid it by only going down a staircase very near the end of a round or if it's really a matter of life or death. You could have gone down to I11 just a bit later, maybe. Of course, you also had bad luck meeting the warlord.

When you wrote "We're doomed!" I assume you meant that as a joke?

14060 killed wight (used prayer)
    14300 diluted sickness, poison
    14389 ochre jelly dead
    14488 went back to heal after spider hit me mummy caused sickness
    14690 Killed another mummy. Equipped bracers of defense.
    15220 Used holy symbol until this turn to heal
    15263 killed raider collected corpse
    15327 killed large spider
    15371 another one
    15504 another one...
    15544 diluted poision
    16048 found stairs, but also found dark elven priestess. Dead. (Would have been disqualified anyway for exceeding the 2050 turn mark, had I lived)

Gaia, the hurthling priest, was killed by a dark elven priestess.
    She scored 9891 points and advanced to level 11.
    She survived for 0 years, 7 days, 17 hours, 9 minutes and 32 seconds (16049
    turns).
    Last edited by ewolf; 05-26-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Remember that we can also use the class power to turn undead. Not sure how useful that is, but it may be an option.

And of course condolences to ewolf.

Well, that was extremely boring. We so should have spent a lot more time on the lower levels finding some riches. Anyway,

Loaded it up, took a general stock. Found a mummy and a wight. Killed them both. Killed a baby white dragon, found a scroll. Actually thats about the highlight of the entire 2000 turns. It was boring as hell. We so need an offensive spell, since a lot of things that pop up are hard to combat. I ran from a berserker lord and a clay golem, both of which smacked me hard a couple of times. It seems that we're getting deeper with nothing to show for it. How sucky :P. Left the game next to a room of white worms that I've just killed a few of. Please RNG - GIVE US A BOOK!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PeanutGod; 05-26-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Doomed was a joke.

I was kinda forced off the level by the green slime population, they were mobbing me. No doors to close. I did get a look at a little of half the next level, though.

We also have an instrument, and music skill might succeed a little now. So animals and undeads are covered. Yeah right.

Any screenshot, peanutgod? And which level are we on now?

On ID:14 about half the level explored. Screen shot

Code:
       ####### ####### #######################################
       #.....# #.....# #.............................../.....#
       #...<.###.....###.###########################.###.....#
       #....././.........#                         #.# #.....#
       ###########.#######                     #####.# #######     ###########
               #.....#                         #.....#             #.........#
               #+###+#                     #####.###################.........#
                                           ..................................#
                                           #####.#############.#####.........#
                                             .....           #.#   #.........#
                                             #.####     ######/#   ###########
                                             #.        #.......#
                                                       #.......###########
                                                       ......../.....#....
                                                        .......#####.#ww...
                                                        ......./....@w.....
                                                         ##################

Gaia          St:16  Le:15  Wi:22  Dx:16  To:16  Ch:14  Ap:11  Ma:12  Pe:13 L
    DV/PV: 28/5    H: 89(89)      P: 72(72)      Exp: 11/26495      I14   M: 16000
    Burdened
    Wow, I actually managed to work out how to do it. Go me.
    Last edited by PeanutGod; 05-26-2008 at 06:36 PM.