Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monk

Went ahead and used one on alchemy, haven't done the other yet. But I just got screwed by he Greater Daemon quest. He killed Bart! And I hadn't given him the Golden Gladius yet! *cry*

He also drained my strength down to 19 from 22, the bastard, and 1 Willpower, while i was dancing around trying to get him to kill Glod. Shame on me, I guess.

EDIT: Used 2nd wish on Spellbooks of Frost Bolt. I didn't have and wands of cold for the High Kings, so I said screw it and used the wish. May seem silly, but it was worth it to me.
    Last edited by FantomFang; 05-29-2008 at 07:55 PM.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Ok, I need a hand here. I accidently stole from the dwarftown shop, so i was forced to kill Waldenbrook and every muscular dwarf on the level. No problem. Now I'm just wondering if there is going to be any more repercussions. Like, can I now loot all the stuff i had sold to him in the past and sell it at the HMV shop, for example? Just wondering.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

It's a capitalist world - feel free to loot and sell Be careful, you might be cursed or doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Also, the robes of resistance are DEFINITELY worth the measly four points of to-hit lost. Especially if they mean that you can stop wearing rings of fire or acid resistance, and exchange them for rings of slaying.

Incidentally, do the Tomb of the High Kings. No one that powerful should still be wearing rings of element resistance
    Surely you just defeated your own point? The robes of resistance, in context, aren't very good for a monk, in my opinion. Anyone likely to get them should, by that point, have the Ring of High Kings. Or the Elemental Gauntlets. Both of which would stop someone needing elemental resistances (although really, I'd assume they'd have them already!

Obviously, if someone finds them early in the game, they're good - as is nearly any artifact. But I'd say the high PV is not as useful in the late-game (though of course this is subjective - some builds really go for PV, but generally not Monks), and the +5 To, while beneficial, is of limited usefulness - I'd rather not be being hit at all, either by having a high DV or by being able to dispatch my enemies before they can hit me (i.e, no negative melee modifier) than being able to withstand a couple extra hits.

I realise my lauded Nature's Companion is even worse on the DV front, but I rate it for the positive melee modifier, increased speed, and shock immunity (much more useful than resistance, which is relatively easily gained).

Would there have been a special message if i had been cursed or doomed? Because there wasn't any as far as I could tell when I initially robbed it (teleported out without paying, doh, for an item that I realized afterwards was the one i didn't need, double doh) and when I killed Waldenbrook below Dwarftown (just in case it made the inhabitants angry). Apparently they have no problem with the wanton slaughter of muscular dwarfs though.

New Goal! At some point, even if it makes me a fallen champion, I'm going to kill off Dwarftown in its entirety. Maybe I'll take the long way back up if i can close the gate =p
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

So far so good, just beat the ToEF. Wand of Poison + Wand of Stunning + Penetrating Arrows of Darkness + Melee while he staggers = no healing needed.

May the dive begin!!!

Btw, has anyone ever seen this happen? I had a +3, +12 Eternium Plate Mail, and a Fire Elemental critically hit me, and reduced it to +3, +4 in ONE FREAKING STRIKE. All I got to say is wtf.
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

You poisoned, stunned and blinded the wyrm? Man, you really didn't give him a chance at all :P

As for the damaged armour, I seriously suggest you sac a big amount of gold at a coaligned altar to get to very close in case you're doomed. An unlucky crit like that cane happen normally, but they're far more likely if you're cursed or doomed.

If you kill a shopkeeper, without initially making him hostile
    by means of ventriloquism, then you are cursed.

Yea, I just realized that I have been cursed and doomed since that event in Dwarftown. So I did the entire ToEF while Cursed and Doomed. I didn't notice a huge difference, although it did seem like a lot of enemies were spawning (plenty of yummy strength corpses though, woot). I may go there again before I start the dive to farm for easy strength increases. Fire giants ftw.
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

You... you... ah never mind. Well done - doing the Tower whilst doomed and NOT EVEN NOTICING is quite impressive. Don't let it go to your head though