Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link: Trial of Rust

Default The Weakest Link: Trial of Rust

A new challenge now opens to all who have already died in the competition. The League of Air was exterminated by a seemingly unbeatable tension room of rust monsters. But can you prove that they were all pansies and that you have the power to perservere where they all failed?

The object is to last 2000 turns and get through the rust monsters to the down stairs by whatever means. You have but one attempt, and you should post your details of that attempt here (no flgs though - just descriptions of how you died).

If by some miracle or insane skill you manage to complete this challenge then you will receive the gift of life - you will be resurrected and gain a place in the league of Air. However this challenge only remains open whilst that league is open - once it's down to 1 survivor the challenge will be closed (though you can still try it for kicks).

[EDIT - League of Air is now closed. This challenge is only for fun.]

So remember, only 1 attempt, and the chance of high reward. Let the slaughter begin!

You may find the save file here, and details of the character's position here.
    Last edited by Grey; 05-31-2008 at 09:47 AM.

I want! I want! I want!

Can I start right now?

But of course. The only restriction is that you must be dead Oh, and M_bowwarrior doesn't get a chance I'm afraid - he's in the Abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    But of course. The only restriction is that you must be dead Oh, and M_bowwarrior doesn't get a chance I'm afraid - he's in the Abyss.
    So I can't join Air because I have never joined any leagues? (And so I have never died)
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Yo, Grey, I just hope that this will be an all-encompassing rule for all the cases where the "full round of players dies to near-impossible situation" thing happens. Otherwise it's unfair.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Haha, I tried...

I healed, opened the door, fired my 3 shots, killed a rust monster ran away, into the next big room, ran circles and circles, as the arrows indicate:

Code:
                                                               ###########
                                                               #.[..@RR..R
           #########   ###############################     #####.#####RRRR
           #.......#   #...<-.......<-...............#     #.....#     RR
           #.......# ###.###############.#####.......#     #.#####      R
           #.......# #......->.../...->..#   #.climb.#     #.#
           #.......###...........#########   #..set..#######.#
           #....A../.............#           #....B..#.......#
           #.......###...........#           #.......#.#######
           #.......# #...........#           #.......#.#
           #############/#########           #########.#
               #...............#               #.......#
       #########.#############.#################.#######
       #.........#           #.../2.........1/...#
       #...<.#####           #####...slug....#####
       #.....#                   #...........#
       #######                   #############
    I wanted to somehow get them all in this circle line, but they were too clever. After the 3rd run, one blocked my way, I was trapped. I tried to pray a lot to my god because I did not know what else to do... and my equipment was cursed shortly before I died.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    So I can't join Air because I have never joined any leagues? (And so I have never died)
    Oh just try and if you can reach the stairs Grey will decide. Unlikely. I will give it a go, die and and post back here

What??? 21/3 on coward mode! that won't take long me thinks.

Prayed to full health, charged wand, wielding a cursed rock (for fun).
    Dead already...
    I used a wall to bounce the magic missile and kill these Rs but they are tough. killed 4 this way, but then had to flee to A and got trapped. The big R hits even harder than the rest and shall hates me.
    Last edited by Orbic; 05-29-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    Nope, sorry, you're too late to gain entry. However you can still try for fun and fame.

It's impossible, impossible I say! I died a very swift death my first time, tried to lure them away, but they were just to many.

Now I'm obsessed with finishing this, I've tried all kind of ways but it's just impossible!

O_O Seems impossible... The only way to survive is propably to kill one and hope that it leaves some kind of a superweapon... or ANY weapon.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].