Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On the subject of wishing...

Default On the subject of wishing...

I started a random, got gnome thief under the raven, and he's gonna be a winner.
    found a djinnring before khelly, and in the topside graveyard i found a wandofwishing with 5! five! charges (plus the bonus one for determination) and another WoW one with 3 (or 4) charges.

Thats the most wishes ive had baring the 19ring trick.

Find weakness, dodge (which i think thieves should have any way), archery, upped couple of stats, spare AoL's, girdle of Gigatic Muscles...

So i got a couple spare, its nice.

also two surges of power (soaker and fine leather armour) and a precrown with Executioner axe, which i've personaly never used before.

So enough bragging, or the Rng will get me..

peace out
    This is where words go

Lucky bastard!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

That's just insane. God damn... Best of luck keeping your chap alive though - the RNG will be after you big time now.

In my entire history of playing ADOM (spans about 3 years) I have found only one wand of wishing, and it did not have any charges. Am I doing something wrong?
    Anyways, congratulations, you must have very good RNG karma.

You're not, Lich. I had to play for years before I found my first wand of wishing, and yet another odd couple of months before I picked one up without dying immediately afterwards.

You do remember, I hope, that even a wand of wishing without any charges is still good for one wish?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

3 victories under my belt, I don't recall ever finding a WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich View Post
    In my entire history of playing ADOM (spans about 3 years) I have found only one wand of wishing, and it did not have any charges. Am I doing something wrong?
    Anyways, congratulations, you must have very good RNG karma.
    Same here, I've only found one WoWi and I've played since 2004 iirc. Although mine had 4 charges, on the other hand I never used it, I forgot to.....

I've found just one WoWi, the very first time I visited the water dragon's lair. I have come across plenty of RoDS, though.

My current character, a grey elven ranger, could really do with a wish or two. I've already dug up both graveyards. I guess it's back to the pools. They gave me an AoLS earlier. Now I'd really want the concentration skill before going to the ToEF.

I've found two WoWi's, one from the level before darkforge, and another one from very deep in the caverns of chaos, it was no use to me at that point.

On my entire ADOM-career, that is.

Those are so fudging rare.

Also, i think that they are always unidentified as "glowing wands", and they are yellow.
    2 Regular endings:
    - level 36 gnomish monk
    - level 50 hurthling beastfighter

Random Mspaint drawings (laziness alert)

I didn't even know the wand of wishing was a thing! I've been playing for 10 years and never seen one.

A couple of questions:

What does RNG stand for? (this site should have an abbreviation glossary)

What is the 19 ring trick?