Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758 LastLast

Thread: The 'treasure hunter' talent sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    'time shitters avenue'
    Good times Well not so much surprise given my tragic spelling abilities, although name eneded being rather prophetic to threads success...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Then you should edit the title to redeem yourself and cleanse your soul. Or something.
    I don't think it should be edited, because it correctly represented gut's stance when he created it. Besides, it'd look weird if the thread was called "The 'treasure hunter' talent is awesome", then its creator made numerous comments on why it blows on page 1
    "And light there be!"

Hate to keep reviving this thread, but how great would it be to see a patch note that just says:

The "Treasure Hunter" talent has been adjusted in power

And leave it at that. He wouldn't even have to change anything. That one note could keep this thread alive for another 4 or 5 years arguing over whether it got stronger or weaker...
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    this forum doesn't allow thread title editing, even for mods, which I am (kinda)

PS most humerous example of this is the thread entitled 'time shitters avenue'
    Haha Legendary stuff.
    Last edited by tapi; 12-14-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Oh well, this thread again, but... with no ID stairhopping (and gremlin bombs) looks like treasure hunter kicks butt even more now.

I personally have found TH to be quite a bit worse in the new version, actually, primarily because summons don't drop loot anymore. Treasure hunter has disproportionate benefits on monsters with normally low drop rates monsters like rats and jackals, so without these monsters giving huge piles of extra loot when they're summoned, I've found the effects of TH to be somewhat muted.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I personally have found TH to be quite a bit worse in the new version, actually, primarily because summons don't drop loot anymore. Treasure hunter has disproportionate benefits on monsters with normally low drop rates monsters like rats and jackals, so without these monsters giving huge piles of extra loot when they're summoned, I've found the effects of TH to be somewhat muted.
    You still get more loot when pillaging I1-I3-I1-.... which is safest to do even with no-drops-landing (and only place that continually provides whole level new random content with no corruption) if you hunt for books. Book hunting just got more tedious I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by szopin View Post
    You still get more loot when pillaging I1-I3-I1-.... which is safest to do even with no-drops-landing (and only place that continually provides whole level new random content with no corruption) if you hunt for books. Book hunting just got more tedious I guess.
    Sure, you still get more loot. But in the pre7 games I've played with TH, I've found it surprisingly unsatisfactory compared to what I'm used to. I don't hunt the ID for books except for very particular challenge games, so I can't comment on that.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I was browsing wiki activity today and stumbled on Treasure Hunter debate page, so, naturally, I decided to come here specifically to praise JellySlayer for its humor and great coverage of the topic. Nice job!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

is gut still around?

Also, i love Treasure Hunter, i played once without it and it sucked.

Also, i like flamy threadnaughts.

Cheers.