Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: SSH-accessible public ADOM server online (experimental)

04-01 just means 04-20 is not too far away. You should grab your passport, book a plane ride to Vancouver, BC, and I'll get you completely stoned, gut. We won't tell anyone about it so you can keep your credibility about being L in real-life.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

nathrakh Guest

You are the devil, fazisi, trying to lure my master to the dark side. You shall never succeed, I tell ye. Heed the warning, I'll not let you turmoil my belowed master without a struggle.

This battle will be a harsh one, and I've got coffins readied for both of us.

Our final battle will be on the epic scale indeed, but until then, I will use low and dirty tactics to attempt to subvert you and your master's powers to provide myself with the maximum advantage available. If this means getting gut ripped off of some dank kush, I will make that sacrafice.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

i agree with fazisi
    4/20 is awsome
    and relaxing is almost never bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0

Maybe they combine the two 'holidays', and the stuff you
    buy will be yard clippings.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

that will make the prefect prank next year for a few of mi friends thank you for the amazing idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0

Ok, you stoned fellas...

Ancardia is down indeed, and I guess it's due to a) broken fusecompress-filesystem that crashes even the kernel b) broken memory c) broken mobo d) broken hard drive. It runs from an hour or two to several days before crashing, and we've yet to figure out what's causing this. I should start running memtest and attach a display and try to find out if there's anything useful in logs I've been given (thanks a lot! there are none on the hard disk), but since 1) I've been quite sick the past 5 days or so, 2) I have a shitload of schoolwork and 3) I have some complicated matters that need constant attention and need to be taken care of (;>), I'm not promising a quick fix.

Sorry for the trouble, I will bring it up in time.

Hey, don't be sorry, you're providing us with this wonderful server for free... we can't complain if you have to attend to that crappy roguelike known as Real Life sometimes

I was wondering when this thread was going to turn from drugs back to why I can't connect to Jaakkos' server of wonderfulness. Hope you get it fixed soon, and thanks for providing it to the ADOM-loving public.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

I finally obtained a graphics card so I could plug a display and actually try doing something except just SSHing to the running server.

I ran live Ubuntu and did fsck for the reiserfs file system and it appeared to fix some stuff (see http://ancardia.ath.cx/~jvsalo/fsck_reiserfs.txt). (doesn't sound too good IMO )

I kinda doubt the memory is broken but let's see... try using it for a while and we shall see if it still crashes.

If it still crashes I'm going to extract the fusecompress file system that stores your user directories, ttyrecs etc. and try going without it, as that thing is fairly experimental.