Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: SSH-accessible public ADOM server online (experimental)

I'm only looking to establish a local server here at my house.

Not something that goes through the entire internet since I could care less about you idgits.

Well that, and also, I currently am without internet. *lol*

You could install something like TeamViewer as an inefficient remote control application. There's plenty of others like it. Not sure about a simpler console solution - probably not easily possible without Unix.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

cygwin?

youtube?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Joy!

I have DSL internet once again. Now all I need is an ADOM server to connect to.

Is there any hope here on this?

eventually, yes

my understanding is that our only hope is jaakos, and
    may be able to give it another go in a few months
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I'll definitely fix it when I get back home in the beginning of September! Right now I'm working in Geneva.

Perhaps your bosses in Geneva don't need to know that in order for their servers to run efficiently an ADOM server is tantamount?

Yay!

It's now the beginning of September!!!!

Server please.

Is there any status on this that you can mention, Jaakos?

Are there anyone in the community with admin access to a *nix box that we can run this from?

I might be able to invest some time in re-configuring dgamelaunch for ADOM, so we can have an online community run ADOM server.

As a minimum you must have root access and be able to either give me that or you yourself configure a chroot prison for adom and dgamelaunch to run in together with a shell account with full privs in chroot prison. Also it will most likely be nessescary to run gcc and probably some other stuff like editors too.

I'm not really hooked on using a shell account on a server where the admin is not in this community. Since we will most likely have much down time then, due to waiting for maintenance request to me carried out by server admin.

It may even be fine if you just have your own dedicated (no dial up) internet connection and the will to operate a PC that is permanently online, and are able to install some sort of linux variant on it. I can setup the rest via SSH as long as you can give root privs.

Iacta alea est.

PS. Jaakos if you're still with us, maybe you could send the dgamelaunch conf? That is if you can or will not maintain a public ADOM server anymore.

(edit for clarity)
    Last edited by koeteren; 09-30-2010 at 01:52 PM.