Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: SSH-accessible public ADOM server online (experimental)

From what i understand (and i could be completely wrong here) on top of all the server setup to run the game and host players, the ADOM executable itself also required some hackery to function so it wouldn't be as simple as just tossing ADOM into an accessible serverbox

Quote Originally Posted by CheatMan View Post
    From what i understand (and i could be completely wrong here) on top of all the server setup to run the game and host players, the ADOM executable itself also required some hackery to function so it wouldn't be as simple as just tossing ADOM into an accessible serverbox
    Without really investigating this very much, I expect that you are correct. That's one reason why I probably need to run gcc (or any other C compiler, but I prefer gcc). Another reason is that I will probably need to compile dgamelaunch on the particular machine where it will be run (although I can work on adapting the code of dgamelaunch to ADOM on my own box).

There has been discussion regarding this same topic on the #adom channel of irc.freenode.net. There are some knowledgable folks there (sorear) who can help you out but unless you are planning to start from scratch, you are at the mercy of the return of jaakkos to get his scripts and modified code.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Still no word on if, when, or where a new ADOM server will become live again?

It's been soooo long for me since I've last played this.

Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    Still no word on if, when, or where a new ADOM server will become live again?

It's been soooo long for me since I've last played this.
    I'm surprised how many people don't check General Discussion in General Stuff.

Check this http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=10898

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    I'm surprised how many people don't check General Discussion in General Stuff.

Check this http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=10898
    Yay!!!!

*bounce* *bounce*

If anyone is interested, ancardia.ath.cx (with all bells and whistles, like the ADOM server) is now back up.
    I don't want to start a race with the new ADOM server, though.

Woo, fantastic! Having two servers going is no bad thing at all - means there's always a back-up, and people in different locations will have better coverage.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkos View Post
    ancardia.ath.cx is now back up.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played a character, Omena, that I hadn't played in months.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Cool! I didn't know that this was back up and running. Yay!!