Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: SSH-accessible public ADOM server online (experimental)

Hey Jaakkos, could you please provide a comment to some of the issues I'm having with your server that I wrote about in post #46.

Thanks!

If you is using adom-sage on server then try changing "Draw_Blocks" to false in sage.cfg.

I have ADOM Sage enabled and tried both false and true for the draw_blocks feature. It was set as false by default. Still not seeing any walls though.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Default Putty Recorder alpha

If you ever wanted to record your own or other's games from the server but couldn't, now's your chance.

After few days of coding, my Putty Recorder seems to have all basic functionality working. It's a windows gui program that let's you capture all PuTTY's output much like Dosrecorder does for normal console applications. Captured output forms a "text movie" which can be replayed later. Demo files are compressed and pretty small.

Requirements
    1. NT based Windows.
    2. Putty v0.60 (others won't work (at least for now)).
    3. Visual C++ 2008 libraries (if you don't have them already).

Basic usage
    Select putty's instance you want to record from the listbox. Real-time preview will be visible. Choose demo file where you want to save data. Click Record. Click Stop when finished. Playing is similar.

Known issues
    1. Seeking through a demo is not possible yet. All the necessary data are written to the demo file though, so it's just a matter of a day or three to implement it in the player UI.
    2. Flickering screen and other minor drawing issues.
    3. Pause not working.

Download
    Source (VC++ 2008 project) and binary (in the Release directory):
    http://omeg.pl/code/PuttyRec.zip

Very cool! Cheers for coding this, omega_red. For those wanting to make demo videos of their games remember that you can add comments of sorts during play using the '&' command.

Fixed some annoying stuff (the flickering and a bug where demo file path has not been correctly picked after changing it). Download as above.

Two quick questions.

For the main color display, I'm getting a bright yellow and sort of a pee green color which doesn't look quite right together.

Is there a way to change it so that it's brown and yellow like that in the DOS version?

Also, is it possible to have the server accept a 80x24 terminal screen? I really could use the bottom row as a touch screen keyboard without it displaying over the actual game.

Thank you.

If you are using Putty, you can adjust display colours in PuTTY Configuration->Window->Colours
    I don't remember what the default colours were but I'm using the following values and they look quite right:

ANSI (colour) Red, Green, Blue:

Black 0,0,0
    Black Bold 85,85,85
    Red 187,0,0
    Red Bold 255,85,85
    Green 0,187,0
    Green Bold 85,255,85
    Yellow 187,85,0
    Yellow Bold 255,255,85
    Blue 0,0,187
    Blue Bold 85,85,255
    Magenta 187,0,187
    Magenta Bold 255,85,255
    Cyan 0,187,187
    Cyan Bold 85,255,255
    White 187,187,187
    White Bold 255,255,255

Hey Sintaluva!

I'm using an 800x480 Internet Tablet. Someone did port Putty for it but it's so painfully slow, I can actually watch it typing the display screen. Yeah, it's that chunky.

So anyway, I'm using Xterminal which runs great, just hoping for a simple color tweak that I thought perhaps was a menu option with the server.

I've tried Putty at home on my Windows XP computer and remembering the same color issues as well.

It just feels slightly weird not seeing it with the same coloring as the DOS version to this game.

I'll use your settings for my home computer, but I usually spend most of my time on the Tablet with Xterm.

Any more suggestions?

Oh and thanks for the response.

EDIT:
    Could you post a screenshot, Sintaluva? I won't be home for a few more days to see your settings.
    Last edited by Addison; 09-02-2008 at 08:18 PM.

On a different note than what everyone is discussing, I tried to get it done and it was painfully slow. I would say that it was half a second per command. It was just so slow. Any thoughts. I would love to play the game in more of a community environment, but playing it there was just rediculous.