Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: SSH-accessible public ADOM server online (experimental)

Do you have a very strange keyboard, perchance? Also worth checking the Sage settings, and making sure you've followed all the instructions in the server readme (especially the putty instructions).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Use my laptop's keybord. Smaller than a standard one, but it still has a numpad. Nothing else strange about it. As I said, I copies the keyconfig directly from my winbeta version... and that one works fine.

I followed the instructions, though I didn't mess with Sage, since I don't use it.

Did some more testing. Numlock corresponds with F1(places me in berzerker mode) / with F2, * with F3 and - with F4. F1-4 move me 2 South and 1 East, always, along with giving a message "Unknown Command ,". 9 says "Unknown Command /MO" followed by "Unknown Command y", both from one keypress.

The left half of my keyboard all works properly. 'q' brings up the quest listing, 'a' the ability listing, 'x' how many experience, I need, etc. Just like it's supposed to. Only the right side(And the F1-F4 keys) seems buggered. This is just too weird...

I have also found that I can move around using 1-9 with the top row of numbers on the keyboard, but not the 1-9 on the numpad(which, like I said, beings up weird menus and executes unknown commands).

EDIT: I should note that while on the sever, but not in the game, input works correctly. If I hit 9 on the numpad, 9 shows up on the screen. It's only when playing ADOM that they keys become messed up.
    Last edited by RndmNumGenerator; 01-13-2010 at 02:00 AM.

maybe you should check putty's settings under line keyboard.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    maybe you should check putty's settings under line keyboard.
    Huh... I thought I already changed those, but it looks like it reverted back somehow. Well, it works now, at least. Thanks.

This is not a specific question about this server, but I think it fits on this thread... does anyone know of a free way to SSH from a restricted network where only the SSH port is open? I have tried ConsoleFish but it's quite dodgy, it starts repeatedly asking you for captchas (if you don't pay) and it asks faster and faster until it becomes unusable. There's also GotoSSH but it limites the session time to two minutes (at least they are more open about it). Any alternatives with a less restrictive free version?

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    This is not a specific question about this server, but I think it fits on this thread... does anyone know of a free way to SSH from a restricted network where only the SSH port is open? I have tried ConsoleFish but it's quite dodgy, it starts repeatedly asking you for captchas (if you don't pay) and it asks faster and faster until it becomes unusable. There's also GotoSSH but it limites the session time to two minutes (at least they are more open about it). Any alternatives with a less restrictive free version?
    I don't know but googling gave these results, I'm not sure if these are right kind of programs but anyways..

http://www.thefreecountry.com/webmas...ndtelnet.shtml

They are, but my problem is not the lack of an SSH client but the fact that I'm behind a restrictive network that doesn't let me connect to anything other than websites. I can download a client (in fact I have downloaded putty) but it can't connect to the SSH port of an external server.

Thanks anyway.

Run your own SSH server on port 443, SSH to it, SSH out from it
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    They are, but my problem is not the lack of an SSH client but the fact that I'm behind a restrictive network that doesn't let me connect to anything other than websites. I can download a client (in fact I have downloaded putty) but it can't connect to the SSH port of an external server.

Thanks anyway.
    jaakkos does not approve of such restrictions.

Find out if 443/https is reachable from that restricted network. If it is, I will make ancardia's sshd listen on that port, too.

Hope this helps