Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranting Time

I'd think immediately, upon killing the rat as first kill, that that char is not going to be ultra...

I've never hunted for Filk yet, so I might underestimate the hassle of diving down to levels beyond 100

And by now I'm thinking the same.

(giant rat, not rat, btw, not that there is much of a difference)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

RCT will work, but blessed humanoid or demon slaying ammo is 10 times safer. EM can hit like ten tonnes of bricks to the face. The battle itself serves as a sort of trainer battle before Andy, since there are several similarities in tactics.

Aaaaand now I don't have any fireproof blankets.

Should I scum for them in the Big Room? I got tough scales anyway and could use some mareilon training.

EDIT: Typical that this happens after I feed Moonsickle to the ratling.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

hey, I got the 'surge of power' message... on DH1. I have a level 15 orcish barbarian sporting the Wyrmlance. No 7LB, no means of teleportation. You think I should go for it? Or wait some more until I'm more powerful?

Ha, interesting... Considering the danger level of your current local, and the surge.... hmmm, I think I would come back later... caution definitely required

If you've got a wand of monster detection, see what monsters there are. It's not necessarily too tough - it could just be a caveman with a tonne of experience or something.

I just got crowned as champion of chaos. Gifted with Vanquisher and resistance to lightning!!! But I got some nasty corruptions too, mana battery (so I can't even zap that wand) and unholy aura - no more shopping for me for some time. And bulging cranium, which is pretty beneficial.

I am not really cautious about the artifact guardian himself, since they aren't usually too deadly (I think; I don't get those messages to often), but about exploring the level itself is rather risky. The stairs down were just in the next room.

Wow, that Vanquisher is pretty avarage in terms of stats, but it slays just about any monster type in the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ars View Post
    - it could just be a caveman with a tonne of experience or something.

You said it!! It WAS an extremely experienced caveman and he left me Skullcrusher! Now I have 3 great artifact weapons (this+ Wyrmlance+ Vanquisher), I'll have problems which one to choose